Delegate Candidacies-Rhode Island

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2012
      Hi!
       To run for delegate in Rhode Island in the Presidential Primary you need a minimum of 150 valid signatures in your Congressional District. I am a Romney delegate candidate in Congressional District 2, Kent County, Washington County and part of Providence County. I am a town council member in Hopkinton. Four people in my town are running for delegate one of whom John O. Matson, a former town council member was elected as a McCain delegate in 2000,. Now he is running as an Obama delegate to the Democratic convention.
        I was an alternate delegate in 1992 in Houston and 1996 in San Diego as an alternate delegate both Republican National Conventions. This is my best chance to be a delegate and the competition is tough competing with some well known personages including
      former Governor Carcieri, his wife "Sue"; Mayors Fung and Avedesian of Cranston and Warwick; State Rep. Doreen Costa, Richard Mumford, husband of our Republican National Committeewoman, and Diane Nobles, a local school committee member. This is not a total list of Romney delegates in my congressional district.
       Since eight delegates and alternates are elected per congressional district, I feel confident I have a great chance to be either a delegate or alternate delegate. Rhode Island is not a "winner take all". I hope I do not get into trouble with this posting as I know we are a political history discussion group.
       To check out the Rhode Island Presidential Primary go to http://sos.ri.gov/elections/ppp/ ,.