Rhode Island Presidential Primary

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 24, 2011
       It is interesting to note the SERIOUS candidates who fail to get on their primary ballot. I believe ballot access should be relatively easy. The fact candidates who failed to make the Virginia Republican Presidential Primary ballot is concerning especially candidates like Newt Gingrich and some others who should be on it.
       In Rhode Island, candidates have only three days to file Jan 19,20, and by Noon the 21, next month,. Delegate candidates who I plan to be one have only two days to file, February 22, and 23, 2012,. At this point, I highly likely will file as a Romney delegate candidate. I have run for delegate every four years since 1992,.
       Here are some good web addresses for the Rhode Island Secretary of State:
      General one: http://sos.ri.gov
      Others: http://sos.ri.gov/elections/ppp/
                  http://sos.ri.gov/elections/resources
       The Rhode Island Presidential Primary is April 24, 2011,. Rhode Island requires 150 valid signatures to run for delegate and 1,000 to run for President. The Republican convention will be in Florida and the Democrats in North Carolina.