Former Cranston Mayor Dies

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2011
       Former Cranston, R.I., Mayor James L. Taft, Jr., has died. Cranston is an interesting place state legislators and other local officials often to be Democrats, but the city usually has a Republican in the Mayor's chair. Check out The Providence Journal www.projo.com ,. The Cranston Herald www.cranstonherald.com  should also have it. I hope I did the latter web site correctly.
       Former Mayors of Cranston still living include Edward D. DiPrete, who served as Rhode Island Governor; Michael Traficante; John O'Leary; and Michael Napolitano, not to be confused with the Lincoln, R.I., Republican Town Committee Chairman of the same name.
      I think I got them all. Current Mayor is Allan Fung.
       I just learned that the R.I. House Republican expelled a State Representative from their caucus. I will not comment as I have to learn more but I understood there was some Internet problems among some legislators. I am not likely anyway, as we have some new GOP state legislators I am not acquainted with, including the one expelled.  I am acquainted with Doreen Costa who defeated long time Democrat State Representative Kenneth Carter last year.