Re: [political-graveyard] Pardon For Amasa Sprague Convicted Murderer

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2011
      Hi again!
       I see that the web address for The Providence Journal would not work try www.projo.com ,.
      It should now!

      --- On Thu, 6/30/11, Scott Bill Hirst <scottbillhirst@...> wrote:

      From: Scott Bill Hirst <scottbillhirst@...>
      Subject: [political-graveyard] Pardon For Amasa Sprague Convicted Murderer
      To: political-graveyard@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, June 30, 2011, 6:52 PM

      Hi!
       In today's Providence Journal www.projo.com is an article on the pardoning of the convicted murderer of notable Rhode Islander Amasa Sprague. Amasa was brother of R.I. Governor William Sprague,III, and Amasa was father to R.I. Governor William Sprague, IV,.
      Both Governors were also U.S. Senators. They were NOT father and son but uncle and nephew.
       Amasa the murder victim and his brother Gov. William Sprague,III, was my grandfather J. Bard Bill's, fourth cousin, four times removed. That would make me six times removed. Amasa's son Governor William Sprague, IV, would be my grandfather's fifth cousin, three times removed.
       Of note is Governor William Sprague,IV, as listed on The Sprague Project http://www.sprague-database.org/ , is listed as William Sprague,2ND,. A notable Sprague descendant is the late Lucille Desiree Ball.
       BTW, I am 58 today!