Comment on web site

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2011
      Many thanks to Nick and Gene for help with the logo.

      Unrelated to that, here's a comment I just received about Political Graveyard.

      > Several years ago, I was a faithful reader of your site. But eventually, the purpose
      > of PG changed to go after volumes of names rather than substance. Neither I, nor
      > any of my politically-curious friends are interested in the names of legislative
      > candidiates (especially from 30+ years ago) or delegates to political conventions.
      > What would be more helpful would be information on mayors of major cities,
      > statewide office holders, persons with cabinet-level status (or near it) and updates
      > on such people already included (new positions, resignations. deaths,etc. I
      > sincerely appreciate your past contribution.

      The commenter is correct that I have moved away somewhat from
      documenting the most famous political figures, because so many other
      sites are now doing that.

      What do you think?

      Lawrence Kestenbaum, kestenbaum@...
      P.O. Box 2563, Ann Arbor, MI 48106
    • fieldmarshaldj
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 16, 2011
        Lawrence Kestenbaum <kestenbaum@...> wrote:

        > Unrelated to that, here's a comment I just received about Political Graveyard.
        >
        > > Several years ago, I was a faithful reader of your site. But eventually, the purpose
        > > of PG changed to go after volumes of names rather than substance. Neither I, nor
        > > any of my politically-curious friends are interested in the names of legislative
        > > candidiates (especially from 30+ years ago) or delegates to political conventions.
        > > What would be more helpful would be information on mayors of major cities,
        > > statewide office holders, persons with cabinet-level status (or near it) and updates
        > > on such people already included (new positions, resignations. deaths,etc. I
        > > sincerely appreciate your past contribution.
        >
        > The commenter is correct that I have moved away somewhat from
        > documenting the most famous political figures, because so many other
        > sites are now doing that.
        >
        > What do you think?

        With all due respect to that individual, I AM interested in even those obscure names and candidates of yore, especially when I'm doing research (ditto for those folks out there perhaps looking up info on their relatives). It shouldn't be an either-or choice for covering yesterday's candidates and convention delegates vs. today's current officials, they're all just as important.

        Regards,
        --D.J. Jones