Clifton O. Woodmnsee

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 28, 2011
      Hi!
       Clifton Orrin "Gus" Woodmansee has died. Decades ago he represented Hopkinton on the Rhode Island Republican State Central Committee. I know his late mother Frances (Barber) Woodmansee did even earlier. This fact is not in his obituary. He was the maternal grandfather of "Billy" Gilman, the singer.  He was a well known business figure in Hopkinton. I believe he may have been a member of Hope Valley Grange and I am pretty certain of it, as I know his parents where in their lifetimes. I will check on that.
       Check out Legacy.Com  www.legacy.com , The Westerly Sun. www.thewesterlysun.com, and may be in yesterday's Chariho Times www.charihotimes.com , our local weekly. It may also be in The Providence Journal www.projo.com ,.
       I plan to mention him at the Hopkinton Town Council meeting Monday night.