Re: Rhode Island Election Forms

  • David
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2010
      I believe Oklahoma has a similarly tight filing period as well (3 days) with the the deadline to withdraw from the ballot only a few days later. Oklahoma also has the most restrictive ballot access laws for third party candidates (unless, of course, they run under the generic 'independent' label).

      New Mexico probably has the least flexible deadline of all. It has a single filing day. I seriously wonder how many would-be candidates miss out on ballot placement due to a flat tire or a bad cold? It would seem to me to be the most convenient for the 'big boys' and a Sisyphean task for, say, a rural small town activist who wants to run for state representative or something along those lines.

      Take care! :)

      -- David