Re: [political-graveyard] Booklist (so far)

  • Gene Baumann
    Message 1 of 17 , May 31, 2001
      These may (or may not) be of interest to you regarding you book list:

      Plain Speaking, an oral biography of Harry S Truman. By Merle Miller
      I actually enjoyed this Truman book more than David McCullough's great book,
      "Truman." It was done as interviews for a TV series on the Truman
      presidency, but the series was never produced. It's available used from
      Amazon or from www.Alibris.com.

      Lyndon: an oral biography. Also by Merle Miller. I know nothing of this
      except to presume it is similar to his work with Truman. It is available
      used on the two sites.

      The Intruders, by Senator Edward V. Long (D-MO), 1967. Then Sen. Long was
      investigating the intrusion of privacy by government and industry. It is
      available on Alibris, not on Amazon.

      Jerry Litton, 1937-1976, A Biography. This was written by the Litton
      family. Jerry was U.S. Rep from Mo. He and his family died in plain crash
      following his primary victory in the Senate race in 1976. Many of us
      Missourians think he would have been President had he lived. I only found
      one used copy available, on Alibris, for $46.

      I also found no listing of Tip O'Neil's "All Politics Is Local" and "Man of
      the House."

      Hope this is of use.

      Gene Baumann

      Gene Baumann

      Message 2 of 17 , Jun 10, 2001
        Amidst the recent changes (the recovery from the lightning strike), we
        have a temporary problem that politicalgraveyard.com (the domain name)
        doesn't point to the right place. You probably get a "server not
        responding" error.

        The server is fine, and the site is still available via the
        www.potifos.com/tpg address (inconvenient, because all the internal links
        and image locations are given as politicalgraveyard.com).

        I hope this will be resolved by tomorrow.