Fw: Release: Ed Boyd, former Md. Green candidate for Gov., has died

  • Douglas Campbell, Michigan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2008
      ----- Forwarded Message ----
      From: Scott McLarty <scottmclarty@...>
      Sent: Monday, August 11, 2008
      Subject: Release: Ed Boyd, former Md. Green candidate for Gov., has died

      Brandy Baker
      Myles Hoenig
      410-419-5033
      bbaker@...

      NEWS ADVISORY
      August 11, 2008

      For Immediate Release

      Former Green Party Candidate for Governor Dies

      Baltimore - Eddie Boyd, 2006 Green Party candidate for Governor, passed away this morning at 2:17 AM at Good Samaritan Hospital of lung cancer.

      Eddie had suffered renal failure and cardiac arrest before passing thisMonday morning.

      Almost exactly one year ago, Eddie was diagnosed with cancer in the leg.
      The cancer had spread from his leg to his lungs. For years, Eddie
      complained of pain in his leg, and for years, the Veterans Administration
      Hospital in Baltimore City had failed to inform him that he had cancer.

      We mourn the loss of our dear friend, whom we greatly admired. Eddie was
      the first Green Party candidate for Governor in Maryland history as well
      as the first African-American candidate to ever run in a gubernatorial
      general election. Eddie was always upbeat in his fight.

      Services to honor Eddie are pending.

      ###

      The war IS the economy, stupid!

      Take the pledge:
      "I
      will vote on the basis of results and results only. Not party loyalty,
      not perceived "electability", not lesser-of-two-evils, not charisma or
      anything else. Just results. Come 2008, if American troops are still in
      harms' way overseas, or if Cheney & Duhbbya have not been
      impeached, no Democrat -- at any level -- will get my vote.
      Do your job or you're fired."

      Douglas Campbell
      aka. "That Huge White Guy in Michigan"
      The Green Party's candidate for the U.S. House of Representatives in Michigan's 9 th district (Oakland County)
      335 e Lewiston, Ferndale, Michigan, U.S.A. 48220-1356
      NaderLaDuke2000Detroit ta Yaw-Hue zat kahm
      (248) 542-5216