Revius Oliver Ortique Jr., 1924-2008

  • Hellen Bremmer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2008
      Revius Ortique, first African-American LA state supreme court justice (1992-1994), died June 22, 2008 of a stroke at Our Lady of the Lake Hospital in Baton Rouge. He was born in 1924 in New Orleans to Revius Sr. and Lillie Long Ortique Severan. He served as an alternate U.S. delegate to the UN. He was a WWII vet (Army officer) and a member of Alpha Alpha Boule of Sigma Pi Phi, Phi Beta Sigma, National Bar Association (former president), and the ABA. His funeral was at the Franklin Avenue Baptist Church, New Orleans. Burial was in the Ortique-McDonald Mausoleum in St. Louis Cemetery, New Orleans. Arrangements handled by Duplain W. Rhodes Funeral Home, New Orleans.