Kelo V. New London- Eminent Domain-House Dedication- Saturday, June 21

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2008
      To Political Graveyard Discussion Group:
      FYI!
      I have a lot of admiration for Susette Kelo the
      "Kelo" of Kelo v. New London. The case about
      Eminent Domain was a sad one about people in the
      Fort Trumbull section of New London, Connecticut;
      being forced from their homes so the city could
      have their property to be used for economic
      development.
      Susette Kelo fought Eminent Domain and her home
      she fought to protect was moved and a ribbon
      cutting ceremony will be held there on Saturday,
      June 21 from 1 to 3 P.M.,.The location is 36
      Franklin Street,. Remarks by Ms. Kelo and others
      will be at 1:30 P.M.,. RSVP by June 20TH to
      Melanie Hildreth at 703-682-9320,ext 222 or
      mhildreth@... ,. Check out www.IJ.org/KeloDay
      ,.
      I have been in that house when it was in its
      original location. I went to Hartford three times
      with Mrs. Kelo and testified twice before
      legislative committees. I had the honor of
      introducing her at a Regional Republican event
      hosted by the Rhode Island Republican Assembly
      http://www.ri-ra.org/ in Warwick, Rhode Island.
      Susette also appeared at my Grange Hall in North
      Stonington, Connecticut; which I was involved in.
      My interest in Eminent Domain started in my
      youth. I had an uncle who lost his farm through
      Eminent Domain because of Route#95 near Exit#93
      on the RI/CT line,.However the circumstances I
      acknowledge, are not the same as as with my uncle
      and Mrs. Kelo and her Fort Trumbull neighbors but
      both lost property because of Eminent Domain.