Political Birthdays June 29th & 30th

  • Joseph B. Craven, Jr.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2007
      Well, with this posting, I'm finally caught up. Interestingly,
      there are no political birthdays for today, June 30th. There were,
      however, seven political birthdays yesterday. They are as follows:

      Philip Henderson Hoff (D-VT) is 83. (*)
      VT State Senate 1981 to 1987
      Governor of Vermont 1963 to 1969
      VT House 1961 to 1963
      Unsuccessful candidate for U.S. Senate 1970

      Charles Robin Britt (D-NC) is 65. (*)
      NC Secretary of Human Resources 1993 to 1997
      U.S. House 1983 to 1985
      Unsuccessful candidate for re-election to U.S. House 1984
      Unsuccessful candidate for U.S. House 2002

      Virginia Ann Foxx (R-NC) is 64. (+)
      U.S. House 2005 to Present
      NC State Senate 1994 to 2004
      Watauga Co., NC, Board of Education 1967 to 1988

      Collin Clark Peterson (D-MN) is 63. (*)
      U.S. House 1991 to Present
      MN State Senate 1977 to 1987
      Unsuccessful candidate in special election for U.S. House 1981
      Unsuccessful candidate for U.S. House 1986 & 1988

      Frederick Lawrence Grandy (R-IA) is 59.
      U.S. House 1987 to 1995
      Unsuccessful candidate for Governor of Iowa 1994

      Ann Margaret Veneman is 58. (*)
      U.S. Secretary of Agriculture 2001 to 2005
      CA Secretary of Food & Agriculture 1995 to 1999

      Jo Ann S. Davis (R-VA) is 57.
      U.S. House 2001 to Present
      VA House 1997 to 2001

      (+) There is presently no listing in TPG for U.S. Rep. Foxx.

      (*) indicates additional information not contained in TPG listing.