Re: [political-graveyard] Gerald Ford

  • Patricia Cavin
    Message 1 of 15 , Dec 30, 2006
      "Edda R. Pittman" <EddaRPittman@...> wrote: Please understand that upon recovering from a "political catastrophe" most
      are of the mindset that "it will never happen again".

      That's my take on why nobody has offered an amendment as you suggest.

      Of course, those of us at the grassroots level are of a very different
      opinion. Mine has always been that if it happened once, it's certain to
      happen again.

      And it has happened in organizations to which I belong.

      And if no one dares suggestion the abolition of the Electoral College AND
      the direct election of the President and Vice President......... Something
      definitely needed?

      BTW, most are not aware that once upon a time the Pres & VP did not run as
      a team. As I understand it, the Vice President was the "runner up".

      My concern is that most voluntary organizations look to the structure of
      the federal government as models and there are consequences.......

      The CyberSpace Parliamentarian, "At Your Service"

      "TABLE THIS" - Parliamentary Humor Booklet Debuted 01-21-2003
      (mail to:) EDDARPITTMAN@...

      Plain text messages only 10:19 AM Saturday, December 30, 2006