I'm glad I switched to baseball.

  • Helen Bremmer
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2006
      Word to the wise: don't place any bets on the Rams winning the next
      Superbowl. The 2006 team plays a lot like the 2005 team. 29 to 9 loss!
      Sheesh. The Cards may not be the team they once were but that can be
      fixed. The sadsack Rams apparently need a miracle. I'm just waiting to
      hear the "It will take a year for Linehan to get the team where he wants
      it and then they'll be great" excuse.
      Albert was brilliant tonight even if he did'nt hit a homer. Izzy was
      on his way to losing another for the team and had two runners on base.
      The Marlins' batter hit one into right field, the rightfielder threw it
      to Albert and Albert threw it to Rolen on third who tagged the Marlins'
      baserunner out ending the game. Tres magnifique!
    • Matthew Abel
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2006
        Speaking of baseball,

        My son and I got to see our first game at Fenway last night.

        Red Sox beat the Blue Jays.

        We had a perch on the first row of seats atop the Big Green Monster
        in left field.

        It was awesome.

        Oh yeah, I'm running for Congress!

        Matthew R. Abel