Re: [political-graveyard] Senator Eagleton

  • CcKat@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 6, 2005
      I guess I was so outraged by how Senator Eagleton was portrayed that I
      didn't realize I was not alone in great respect for this very gentle man. I was
      privileged to get to know him after the disaster of his nomination. I never in
      my life met someone like him. I was a very young Navy sailor who had the task
      of working in DC as my first assignment. I meet him as his driver on trips to
      the Pentagon. While I was there he always asked for me to be his driver. It
      is a privilege I will always cherish. Happy Birthday Sir. Katherine