Re: [political-graveyard] Senator Eagleton

  • Carey Bankhead
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 6, 2005
      I, too, have many good memories of Sen. Eagleton. I started following Democrat candidates as a teenager in the '60s and, among other fond memories, is that of then Lt Gov Eagleton coming to my very small home town to address my very small high school graduating class of l7 souls.

    • CcKat@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 6, 2005
        I guess I was so outraged by how Senator Eagleton was portrayed that I
        didn't realize I was not alone in great respect for this very gentle man. I was
        privileged to get to know him after the disaster of his nomination. I never in
        my life met someone like him. I was a very young Navy sailor who had the task
        of working in DC as my first assignment. I meet him as his driver on trips to
        the Pentagon. While I was there he always asked for me to be his driver. It
        is a privilege I will always cherish. Happy Birthday Sir. Katherine