Political Birthdays August 11th

  • Joseph B. Craven, Jr.
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 11, 2005
      Today is Thursday, August 11, 2005. There are four political
      birthdays today. They are as follows:

      William Henry Avery (R-KS) is 94.
      Governor of Kansas 1965 to 1967
      Wakefield, KS, School Board 1958 to 1964
      U.S. House 1955 to 1965
      KS House 1951 to 1955
      Unsuccessful candidate for re-election as Governor 1966
      Unsuccessful candidate for U.S. Senate 1968

      William Atchinson O'Neill (D-CT) is 75. (*)
      Governor of Connecticut 1980 to 1991
      Lieutenant Governor of Connecticut 1979 to 1980
      CT House 1967 to 1979
      CT House Majority Leader 1975 to 1979
      Originally assumed the office of Governor upon the resignation of
      Governor Ella Grasso, who had resigned due to health reasons.

      Elizabeth Holtzman (D-NY) is 64. (*)
      New York, NY, City Comptroller 1990 to 1993
      Kings Co., NY, District Attorney 1982 to 1989
      U.S. House 1973 to 1981
      Unsuccessful candidate for U.S. Senate 1980 & 1992
      Unsuccessful candidate for New York, NY, City Comptroller 1993

      Timothy Hutchinson (R-AR) is 56. (*)
      U.S. Senate 1997 to 2003
      U.S. House 1993 to 1997
      AR House 1985 to 1992
      Unsuccessful candidate for re-election to U.S. Senate 2002

      (*) indicates additional information for TPG listing
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 11, 2005
        William A.O'Neill also served as Chairman of the
        Connecticut Democratic State Central Committee.

        --- "Joseph B. Craven, Jr."
        <joecraven@...> wrote:

        > Today is Thursday, August 11, 2005. There are
        > four political
        > birthdays today. They are as follows:
        >
        > William Henry Avery (R-KS) is 94.
        > Governor of Kansas 1965 to 1967
        > Wakefield, KS, School Board 1958 to 1964
        > U.S. House 1955 to 1965
        > KS House 1951 to 1955
        > Unsuccessful candidate for re-election as
        > Governor 1966
        > Unsuccessful candidate for U.S. Senate 1968
        >
        > William Atchinson O'Neill (D-CT) is 75. (*)
        > Governor of Connecticut 1980 to 1991
        > Lieutenant Governor of Connecticut 1979 to 1980
        > CT House 1967 to 1979
        > CT House Majority Leader 1975 to 1979
        > Originally assumed the office of Governor upon
        > the resignation of
        > Governor Ella Grasso, who had resigned due to
        > health reasons.
        >
        > Elizabeth Holtzman (D-NY) is 64. (*)
        > New York, NY, City Comptroller 1990 to 1993
        > Kings Co., NY, District Attorney 1982 to 1989
        > U.S. House 1973 to 1981
        > Unsuccessful candidate for U.S. Senate 1980 &
        > 1992
        > Unsuccessful candidate for New York, NY, City
        > Comptroller 1993
        >
        > Timothy Hutchinson (R-AR) is 56. (*)
        > U.S. Senate 1997 to 2003
        > U.S. House 1993 to 1997
        > AR House 1985 to 1992
        > Unsuccessful candidate for re-election to U.S.
        > Senate 2002
        >
        > (*) indicates additional information for TPG
        > listing

        Note:Telephone if you need quick reply.Use <scottbillhirst@...>as alternate e-mail.
      • Joseph B. Craven, Jr.
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 11, 2006
          Today is Friday, August 11, 2006. There are four political
          birthdays today. They are as follows:

          William Henry Avery (R-KS) is 95. (*)
          Governor of Kansas 1965 to 1967
          Wakefield, KS, School Board 1958 to 1964
          U.S. House 1955 to 1965
          KS House 1951 to 1955
          Unsuccessful candidate for re-election as Governor 1966
          Unsuccessful candidate for U.S. Senate 1968
          (2nd oldest living former Governor in the United States)

          William Atchinson O'Neill (D-CT) is 76. (*)
          Governor of Connecticut 1980 to 1991
          Lieutenant Governor of Connecticut 1979 to 1980
          CT House 1967 to 1979
          CT House Majority Leader ? to ?
          First assumed the office of Governor upon the resignation of
          Governor Ella Grasso, who resigned due to ill health.

          Elizabeth Holtzman (D-NY) is 65. (*)
          New York, NY, City Comptroller 1990 to 1993
          King's Co., NY, District Attorney 1982 to 1989
          U.S. House 1973 to 1981
          Unsuccessful candidate for U.S. Senate 1980 & 1992
          Unsuccessful candidate for New York, NY, City Comptroller 1993

          Timothy Hutchinson (R-AR) is 57. (*)
          U.S. Senate 1997 to 2003
          U.S. House 1993 to 1997
          AR House 1985 to 1992
          Unsuccessful candidate for re-election to U.S. Senate 2002

          (*) indicates additional information not contained in TPG listing.
        • D.J. Jones
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 11, 2006
            "Joseph B. Craven, Jr." <joecraven@...> wrote:

            > William Atchinson O'Neill (D-CT) is 76. (*)
            > Governor of Connecticut 1980 to 1991
            > Lieutenant Governor of Connecticut 1979 to 1980
            > CT House 1967 to 1979
            > CT House Majority Leader ? to ?

            Gov. O'Neill served as CT House Majority Leader from 1975-1979.

            > Timothy Hutchinson (R-AR) is 57. (*)
            > U.S. Senate 1997 to 2003
            > U.S. House 1993 to 1997
            > AR House 1985 to 1992
            > Unsuccessful candidate for re-election to U.S. Senate 2002

            Tim Hutchinson's first name is Young.

            Regards,
            --D.J. Jones
          • Joe Craven
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 12, 2006
              Thanks, DJ:

              I saw somewhere that Hutchinson's first name was Young, but I was unsure. It was one of those instances where I simply asked myself, "Who would give their kid a first name like 'Young'"?

              Joe Craven

              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 12, 2006
                "Joe Craven" <joecraven@...> wrote:

                > Thanks, DJ:
                >
                > I saw somewhere that Hutchinson's first name was Young, but I was >
                unsure. It was one of those instances where I simply asked
                > myself, "Who would give their kid a first name like 'Young'"?

                Heh, well, both of the Hutchinson brothers don't use their first names
                (Asa's first name is the more traditional William, Jr.). I'm sure
                they're quite happy that they weren't Frank Zappa's kids, or they
                might've really gotten socked with something a bit more wild
                than "Young" and "William." Milwaukee Congresswoman Gwen Moore's son's
                name is Sowande Omokunde, but he prefers "Supreme Solar Allah." You
                can't make this stuff up.

                Regards,
                --D.J. Jones
              • peter verzola
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 12, 2006
                  Tim Hutchinson failed to protect a US NAVY SAILOR, WHO WAS A CONSTITUTENT.

                • Joseph B. Craven, Jr.
                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 11, 2007
                    Today is Saturday, August 11, 2007. There are four political
                    birthdays today. They are as follows:

                    William Henry Avery (R-KS) is 96. (*)
                    Governor of Kansas 1965 to 1967
                    Wakefield, KS, School Board 1958 to 1964
                    U.S. House 1955 to 1965
                    KS House 1951 to 1955
                    Unsuccessful candidate for re-election as Governor 1966
                    Unsuccessful candidate for U.S. Senate 1968

                    William Atchinson O'Neill (D-CT) is 77. (*)
                    Governor of Connecticut 1980 to 1991
                    Lieutenant Governor of Connecticut 1979 to 1980
                    CT House 1967 to 1979
                    CT House Majority Leader 1975 to 1979
                    First assumed the office of Governor upon the resignation of
                    Governor Ella Grasso, who resigned due to health reasons.

                    Elizabeth Holtzman (D-NY) is 66. (*)
                    New York, NY, City Comptroller 1990 to 1993
                    Kings Co., NY, District Attorney 1982 to 1989
                    U.S. House 1973 to 1981
                    Unsuccessful candidate for U.S. Senate 1980 & 1992
                    Unsuccessful candidate for re-election as New York, NY City
                    Comptroller 1993

                    Young Timothy Hutchinson (R-AR) is 58. (*)