New poll for political-graveyard

  • political-graveyard@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 7, 2001
      political-graveyard group:

      If you had to go on a television show
      to discuss politics what would be your
      LAST three choices? Only vote for three
      choices please.If all your choices are
      NOT listed you can so indicate.

      o Meet The Press-NBC
      o Hannity & Colmes-FOX
      o The O'Reilly Factor-FOX
      o The Edge with Paula Zahn-FOX
      o 700 Club-FOX Family Channel
      o Face the Nation-CBS
      o The McLaughlin Group-PBS
      o This Week-ABC
      o Larry King Live-CNN
      o 60 Minutes-CBS
      o 60 Minutes#2-CBS
      o Inside Politics-CNN
      o Crossfire-CNN
      o Rivera Live--CNBC
      o Capital Gang-CNN
      o The Beltway Boys-FOX
      o One of my three choices is NOT listed above
      o Two of my choices are NOT listed above
      o All three of my choices are NOT listed above

      web site listed above.

      Thanks!

    • political-graveyard@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 7, 2001
        political-graveyard group:

        There has been talk about a possible
        bid for California Governor by Arnold
        Schwarzenegger in 2002 as a
        Republican.Should he seek the
        Governorship in 2002?

        o Yes
        o No

        web site listed above.

        Thanks!

      • political-graveyard@yahoogroups.com
        Message 3 of 22 , Feb 9, 2001
          political-graveyard group:

          Who do you consider the "titular head"
          of the Democratic party?

          o Al Gore
          o Bill Clinton
          o Other Choice

          web site listed above.

          Thanks!

        • political-graveyard@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 22 , Feb 10, 2001
            political-graveyard group:

            February is the month we particuliarly
            think of George Washington and Abraham
            Lincoln.If you could spend an evening
            with either of them.Which one would you
            choose?

            o George Washington
            o Abraham Lincoln
            o No preference

            web site listed above.

            Thanks!

          • political-graveyard@yahoogroups.com
            Message 5 of 22 , Feb 10, 2001
              political-graveyard group:

              February is Valentine's Day month.Which
              two of these couples would you want to
              spend an evening with? Vote for only
              two please.

              o George & Laura Bush
              o Dick & Lynne Cheney
              o Bill & Hillary Clinton
              o Al & Tipper Gore
              o Joe & Haddasah Lieberman
              o Bob & Elizabeth Dole
              o Jimmy & Rosalynn Carter
              o Gerald & Betty Ford
              o Ronald & Nancy Reagan(Assuming his health was good)
              o Ted & Vickie Kennedy
              o Queen Elizabeth 2nd & Prince Philip
              o Walter & Joan Mondale
              o Michael & Kitty Dukakis
              o George & Eleanor McGovern
              o Caroline Kennedy & husband
              o Mitch McConnell & Elaine Chao
              o Dan & Marilyn Quayle
              o James Carville & Mary Matalin
              o Colin Powell & Wife
              o Jack & Joanne Kemp
              o Alan Greenspan & Andrea Mitchell
              o Geraldine Ferraro & Husband
              o Arnold Schwarzenegger & Maria Scriver
              o One of my choices not listed above
              o Two of my choices not listed above

              web site listed above.

              Thanks!

            • AEParshall@aol.com
              Message 6 of 22 , Feb 10, 2001
                Why do I suspect that these multiple "polls" are coming not from Lawrence K.
                but from the marketing department at Yahoo trying to rope more of us into
                registering with them?

                Can't the listowner turn them off, PLEASE?
              • political-graveyard@yahoogroups.com
                Message 7 of 22 , Feb 10, 2001
                  political-graveyard group:

                  An "alternative history" question:
                  If Robert Kennedy had lived, would he
                  have won the 1968 Democratic nomination
                  and then the presidency?

                  o No; Vice President Hubert Humphrey would have defeated both him and Eugene McCarthy.
                  o His friendships with Mayor Daley and other Party bosses, and his personal charisma, would have won him the nomination. But divisions within the Party were too deep; Nixon would have won the election.
                  o Yes; he would have been President.

                  web site listed above.

                  Thanks!

                  Message 8 of 22 , Feb 10, 2001
                    On Sat, 10 Feb 2001 AEParshall@... wrote:

                    > Why do I suspect that these multiple "polls" are coming not from Lawrence K.
                    > but from the marketing department at Yahoo trying to rope more of us into
                    > registering with them?
                    >
                    > Can't the listowner turn them off, PLEASE?

                    No, the polls are being created by list members, not my Yahoo or by me.

                    I'd like to ask that we limit the frequency to no more than about one a
                    week. If that isn't workable, I can restrict the creation of polls.

                    Washtenaw County Commissioner, 4th District
                    Ebay Page, http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/potifos/
                    Mailing address: P.O. Box 2563, Ann Arbor MI 48106
                    Message 9 of 22 , Feb 10, 2001
                      On Sat, 10 Feb 2001, Judy Allen wrote:

                      > Lawrence,
                      > I am having the worst time checking into the political-graveyard site. I
                      > registered before Yahoo took over. Now it claims my screenname "judyintx"
                      > has been taken (probably by my old registration) so I reregistered as
                      > judyintx2000@.... It tells me I can view the political graveyard
                      > page, but won't let me into anything on it, such as the polls. I'm
                      > beginning to get disgusted with the new regime. I've been receiving
                      > messages as a member of political-graveyard for months now.
                      > Judy Allen in Beaumont, TX
                      > (judyintx@...)
                      > (formerly -- now terminated -- JudithA266@...)

                      I'm not happy with the new regime either.

                      My understanding is that you need to merge the old egroups account with
                      your pre-existing Yahoo account -- that worked all right for me.

                      Most of the difficulties I heard about come from people who didn't have a
                      Yahoo account and tried to create a new one based on the egroups account
                      -- that function is apparently very buggy and frustrating to use.

                      You might want to look to see if there is still a way to merge the two
                      accounts. Otherwise, let me know in private email, and I can
                      subscribe/unsubscribe you directly if need be.

                      ---
                      Lawrence (Larry) Kestenbaum, polygon@...
                      Washtenaw County Commissioner, 4th District
                      Ebay Page, http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/potifos/
                      Mailing address: P.O. Box 2563, Ann Arbor MI 48106
                    • Judy Allen

                        > Why do I suspect that these multiple "polls" are coming not from Lawrence
                        K.
                        > but from the marketing department at Yahoo trying to rope more of us into
                        > registering with them?
                        >
                        > Can't the listowner turn them off, PLEASE?

                        No, the polls are being created by list members, not my Yahoo or by me.

                        I'd like to ask that we limit the frequency to no more than about one a
                        week. If that isn't workable, I can restrict the creation of polls.

                        Washtenaw County Commissioner, 4th District
                        Ebay Page, http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/potifos/
                        Mailing address: P.O. Box 2563, Ann Arbor MI 48106

                      • Kristin F. Smith
                        Message 11 of 22 , Feb 10, 2001
                          It wouldn't let me in for a while, either. Then, mysteriously, it did.
                          Sometimes it helps to dump all cookies and the temporary internet files.
                          Kristin

                            Message 13 of 22 , Feb 10, 2001
                              Would it be possible to have the polls without a fresh e-mail heralding
                              each one? That would do away with what's irritating some people, and those
                              who enjoy this sort of thing could poll away to their heart's content.
                              Kristin

                              Message 14 of 22 , Feb 12, 2001
                                To fellow political graveyard message board members:
                                Sorry I have overdone it!I got carried away!It is
                                interesting that some participate in some polls and
                                not others.I trust others will come up with poll
                                questions in the future.
                                Scott Bill Hirst
                                --- Lawrence Kestenbaum <polygon@...> wrote:

                                > On reconsideration, since we do already have
                                > fourteen polls going, I have
                                > (at least temporarily) restricted the creation of
                                > additional polls.
                                >
                                > ---
                                > Lawrence (Larry) Kestenbaum, polygon@...
                                > Washtenaw County Commissioner, 4th District
                                > The Political Graveyard,
                                > http://politicalgraveyard.com
                                > Ebay Page, http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/potifos/
                                > Mailing address: P.O. Box 2563, Ann Arbor MI 48106

                                =====
                                NOTE:I don't have a computer at home, it may take awhile for me to respond.

                                a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/