Political Birthdays 7/26 to 7/30

  • Joseph B. Craven, Jr.
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30, 2004
      Well, it's been a busy week here in Boston, and thankfully everyone
      is now going home and the city can get back to normal. Don't get me
      wrong -- I want to do what I can for the tourism industry, and if you
      love history, you'll love Boston, but the DNC did create a rather
      large disruption for the natives. Anyway, I've missed posting most
      of this week's political birthdays. They are as follows:

      Monday, July 26, 2004

      Edward Ford Weber (R-OH) is 73.
      U.S. House 1981 to 1983
      Unsuccessful candidate for re-election to U.S. House 1982

      Paul F. McHale, Jr. (D-PA) is 54.
      U.S. House 1993 to 1999
      PA House 1983 to 1991
      Unsuccessful candidate for U.S. House 1980

      Tuesday, July 27, 2004

      Marlow Webster Cook (R-KY) is 78.
      U.S. Senate 1968 to 1974
      Jefferson Co., KY, County Judge 1962 to 1968
      KY House 1958 to 1962
      Unsuccessful candidate for re-election to U.S. Senate 1974

      Beverly Barton Butcher Byron (D-MD) 72.
      U.S. House 1979 to 1993
      Unsuccessful candidate for re-election to U.S. House 1992

      Charles W. Norwood, Jr. (R-GA) is 63.
      U.S. House 1995 to Present

      Charles Wayne Dowdy (D-MS) is 61.
      U.S. House 1981 to 1989
      Mayor of McComb, MS, 1978 to 1981
      McComb, MS, City Judge 1970 to 1974
      Unsuccessful candidate for U.S. Senate 1988
      First elected to U.S. House in a special election to fill the vacancy
      caused by the resignation of U.S. Rep. Jon Clifton Hinson.

      William Lacy Clay, Jr. (D-MO) is 48.
      U.S. House 2001 to Present
      MO State Senate 1991 to 2001
      MO House 1983 to 1991

      Wednesday, July 28, 2004

      Norman David Shamway (R-CA) is 70.
      U.S. House 1979 to 1991
      San Joaquin Co., CA, Board of Supervisors 1974 to 1979

      William Warren Bradley (D-NJ) is 61.
      U.S. Senate 1979 to 1997
      Unsuccessful candidate for Democratic presidential nomination 2000

      Judy Martz (R-MT) is 61.
      Governor of Montana 2001 to Present
      Lieutenant Governor of Montana 1997 to 2001

      Douglas Harry Bosco (D-CA) is 58.
      U.S. House 1983 to 1991
      CA State Assembly 1979 1982
      Unsuccessful candidate for re-election to U.S. House 1990

      Thursday, July 29, 2004

      Nancy Landon Kassebaum (R-KS) is 72.
      U.S. Senate 1978 to 1997

      Elizabeth Hanford Dole (R-NC) is 68.
      U.S. Senate 2003 to Present
      U.S. Secretary of Labor 1989 to 1990
      U.S. Secretary of Transportation 1983 to 1987
      Unsuccessful candidate for Republican presidential nomination 2000

      Jennifer Blackburn Dunn (R-WA) is 63.
      U.S. House 1993 to Present

      Deborah D. Pryce (R-OH) is 53.
      U.S. House 1993 to Present
      Franklin Co., OH, Municipal Court Judge 1989 to 1990 & 1992

      Ronnie Musgrove (D-MS) is 48.
      Governor of Mississippi 2000 to 2004
      Lieutenant Governor of Mississippi 1996 to 2000
      MS State Senate 1988 to 1996
      Unsuccessful candidate for re-election as Governor 2003

      Diana DeGette (D-CO) is 47.
      U.S. House 1997 to Present
      CO House 1992 to 1996

      Friday, July 30, 2004

      R. Wendell Bailey (R-MO) is 64.
      MO State Treasurer 1985 to 1993
      U.S. House 1981 to 1983
      MO House 1972 to 1980
      Unsuccessful candidate for re-election to U.S. House 1982
      Unsuccessful candidate for Governor of Missouri 1992
      Unsuccessful candidate for Lieutenant Governor of Missouri 2000

      Patricia Scott Schroeder (D-CO) is 64.
      U.S. House 1973 to 1997

      Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger (R-CA) is 55.
      Governor of California 2003 to Present
    • Gary Krause
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 2, 2004
        --- "Joseph B. Craven, Jr." <joecraven@...> wrote:

        > Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger (R-CA) is 55.
        > Governor of California 2003 to Present

        He's 57, not 55.

        Gary Krause
      • Joseph B. Craven, Jr.
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3, 2004
          --- In political-graveyard@yahoogroups.com, Gary Krause
          <scgaryk@y...> wrote:

          > --- "Joseph B. Craven, Jr." <joecraven@c...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Arnold Alois Schwarzenegger (R-CA) is 55.
          > > Governor of California 2003 to Present
          >
          > He's 57, not 55.
          >
          > Gary Krause

          Thank you for the correction!