Re: [political-graveyard] Re: Hiram Fong

  • Joseph Craven
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 1, 2003
      Isn't Robert Stafford from VT still alive? He served in the Senate from 1971 to 1989. If someone knows that he's deceased, please let me know.
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 1, 2003
        Hello there...

        Considering I have tons of experiencing monitoring email lists from 'back in the good ole days' and answering tons of questions from them, I would be happy to volunteer. What I would like to do is set up a separate account for them to get 'into'. My question is, how many times a week would I need to check this email, or would it be a daily thing?

        Happy to Volunteer
        Francesca Ball
        Henderson, KY
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 1, 2003
          I believe he was referring only to those who were in the Senate in 1959
          when Fong arrived; in *my* post, I referred only to those he served with
          who are still in the Senate. Stafford appears to fall in between the two
          groups. (Robert Byrd is the only member of BOTH groups, arriving at the
          same time as Fong, and still serving.)

          Gary Krause

          --- Joseph Craven <joecraven@...> wrote:
          > Isn't Robert Stafford from VT still alive? He served in the Senate from
          > 1971 to 1989. If someone knows that he's deceased, please let me know.

          Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
          http://companion.yahoo.com/
        • D.J. Jones
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 1, 2003
            "Joseph Craven" <joecraven@c...> wrote:
            > Isn't Robert Stafford from VT still alive? He served in the Senate
            > from 1971 to 1989. If someone knows that he's deceased, please let
            > me know.

            Yes, Senator Stafford is still alive at 90. I didn't count him as he
            was not a member of the class of '59 or earlier. When Hiram Fong
            assumed his seat, Stafford was Governor of Vermont and a year and a
            half away from beginning his Congressional service (first in the
            House from '61-'71 until Senator Winston Prouty's death in Sept. '71).

            Regards,
            --D.J. Jones
          • D.J. Jones
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 1, 2003
              I'd offer to help, but I don't know how much time I would have to
              devote to this and I desperately need some income.

              Are you planning on taking another run at State Representative this
              coming year ?

              Regards,
              --D.J. Jones
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 1, 2003
                On Tue, 2 Dec 2003, D.J. Jones wrote:

                > Are you planning on taking another run at State Representative this
                > coming year ?

                No, a local office. More about this later.

                Mailing address: P.O. Box 2563, Ann Arbor MI 48106