Re: [political-graveyard] Re: Possibly good news

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 14, 2003
      On Wed, 13 Aug 2003 cornish@... wrote:

      > Did you really mean to have political ads? Examples.
      >
      > =Howard Dean for President
      > =The Republian Store (GOP gifts, apparel)
      > =Bush 2004 Merchandise (stickers, hats, signs, neckties)
      > =Annoy a Liberal (t-shirts, stickers)
      > =Draft Clark 2004
      >
      > I saw others before I started noting down the names.
      >
      > I thought PG was suppose to be nonpartisan???

      Yes, the site is nonpartisan. When I had one ad banner per page, it
      didn't seem appropriate for it to be advocating for a political point of
      view.

      The Google ads are different. There are four of them to a page, and it's
      very unlikely that all four of them would be political in the same
      direction. They look and work like ordinary classified ads. So I am
      comfortable with the fact that some of them come from candidates or
      political sites.

      Moreover, I don't think there's any way to systematically exclude
      all political ads.

      Thank you for bringing up this issue.

      Mailing address: P.O. Box 2563, Ann Arbor MI 48106