It's official - It's a rug !

  • fieldmarshaldj
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
      Traficant Really Wears a Toupee

      By Associated Press
      August 1, 2002, 8:22 AM EDT

      AKRON, Ohio -- Ex-congressman James A. Traficant Jr.'s famous mop-top
      is a rug.

      Some people thought the hair was too unruly to be a toupee. But
      Sheriff Drew Alexander said the newly sentenced Traficant had to
      remove the hairpiece this week during a routine search while being
      booked into the Summit County Jail.

      Traficant, 61, was sentenced Tuesday to eight years in federal prison
      for corruption. He was immediately led off to jail in handcuffs after
      the judge refused to let him remain free on bail while he appeals his
      conviction.

      The former representative from Youngstown, who was expelled by the
      House last week, is being held temporarily in the jail while awaiting
      assignment to a federal prison.

      Alexander said Traficant was allowed to keep the toupee in his cell
      and jail personnel didn't require him to remove it for his booking
      photo.

      But federal prisoners aren't allowed to wear toupees, so Traficant
      must give it up when he's sent to federal prison soon, said Bureau of
      Prisons spokeswoman Traci Billingsley.
    • James and Linda
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
        Get out, anyone who would wear a toupee like that has forfeited all
        credibility. No wonder he was convicted.

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
          "James and Linda" wrote:
          > Get out, anyone who would wear a toupee like that has forfeited all
          > credibility. No wonder he was convicted.

          Now, now. I don't think I would've wanted to be in the room when they
          demanded the Sheriff give it up. I don't think Bill Shatner or Lorne
          Greene would've gotten nearly as snarly.

          "You can take my freedom, but you won't take my HAIR !"

          Regards,
          --D.J. Jones