Re: [political-graveyard] Re: New Records - PGY

  • Dwight Mac Thurston ( FIGHTIN' WHITEY)
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 30, 2002
      GOOD LUCK WITH THE SURGERY, BEST THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU. TRY THIS SITE ABOUT PRE SURGERY: http://www.presurgery.com/ DON'T
      PUSH IT AFTERWARDS, DO WHAT YOU'RE TOLD, DO THE DRUGS AS PRESCRIBED. KEEP GOOD THOUGHTS. ONE TRICK IS REMOVE YOUR MIND FROM THE RIGOR OF
      HEALING, ESPECIALLY, IN THE HOSPITAL. I THINK "PURPLE" OR OF SOMETHING I RECALL FROM CHILDHOOD THAT WAS ENCHANTING, SUCH AS, I REMEMBER
      PEERING INTO A CLEAR, COLD STREAM AND WATCHING THE SMALL FISH MOVING ABOUT. I COUNT THEM, I SEARCH THE BOTTOM AND ROCKS FOR LIFE, EVEN,
      GOLD NUGGETS, THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING SHINNY TO FOOL THE EYE. A GREAT DISTRACTION AND WHEN YOU WAKE UP A COUPLE OF HOURS LATER YOU ARE
      REFRESHED. MAC

      Lawrence Kestenbaum wrote:

      > As y'all may know, I'm having throat surgery on May 8th, and I am trying
      > to get the new version of the web site online before that. Recovery is
      > expected to take a while -- I'll be off work for three weeks.
      >
      > Right now the priority is to get the new version finished, so I have been
      > neglecting the email a bit. Again, my apologies to everyone.
      >
      > Larry
      >
      > ---
      > Lawrence Kestenbaum, polygon@...
      > Washtenaw County Commissioner, 4th District
      > The Political Graveyard, http://politicalgraveyard.com
      > Ebay Page, http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/potifos/
      > Mailing address: P.O. Box 2563, Ann Arbor MI 48106

    • fieldmarshaldj
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1 3:50 AM
        "kengibs" wrote:
        > Since 1999???

        Yup.

        > Gee, there have been two updates since then.... I'm most
        > interested in correcting old records with missing data or adding
        > records for active politicians whose information is changing....
        >
        > Like you I've been offering information since 1999....then layed
        > off for about 7 months.... Now when I try to offer additional
        > information I'm finding the earlier corrections are missing so am
        > wondering just what the update cycle is...

        I occasionally do updating info, but the main thing I focus on is
        doing a daily scouring for obituaries, and I've not missed a day in
        doing so in 3 years, I've forwarded upwards of 800 names since that
        time.

        > I fully appreciate the "tons" of new information that Larry is
        > receiving and the difficulty it must present when it is unformatted
        > and in a raw [editorial] state.... So when it takes more than a
        > year to accept and use good data the prudent thing to do may be to
        > discontinue submitting anything until the update can be
        > released...
        > Only in that way can we know what it is we are correcting....

        Well, when I submit the obituaries, which I send directly to his
        email box (as opposed to this website, for which I send info on
        current candidates (that may contain a small bio) and/or scandals or
        other articles that may interest our fellow subscribers here), I list
        the actual date of death, such as "this person died in Anywhere,AL on
        01/01/2002", which is of enormous help to Larry (instead of anonymous
        emails that say "Mr. Joe Smith died on Friday" -- well, given that
        sometimes he gets an enormous backlog, that Friday could be Friday
        last week or Friday umpteen months ago). Certainly it is a source of
        frustration I hope that I alleviate with my submissions.

        Regards,
        --D.J. Jones
      • fieldmarshaldj
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1 3:55 AM
          Lawrence Kestenbaum wrote:
          > I'm really sorry about this. I have posted a tremendous amount of
          > new information into the database over the past year (the new total
          > is now over 100,000), but inevitably there is a backlog of material
          > which still needs to be done.

          Well, as you certainly know, you do yeoman work in documenting this
          very important historical subject !

          > As y'all may know, I'm having throat surgery on May 8th, and I am
          > trying to get the new version of the web site online before that.
          > Recovery is expected to take a while -- I'll be off work for three
          > weeks.
          >
          > Right now the priority is to get the new version finished, so I
          > have been neglecting the email a bit. Again, my apologies to
          > everyone.

          Well, don't worry about things, just take care of yourself, and
          here's to a successful surgery and speedy recovery !

          Regards,
          --D.J. Jones
        • Gary Krause
          Message 4 of 8 , May 2 4:40 PM
            --- Lawrence Kestenbaum <polygon@...> wrote:

            > I'm really sorry about this. I have posted a
            > tremendous amount of new information into the
            > database over the past year (the new total is now
            > over 100,000), but inevitably there is a backlog of
            > material which still needs to be done.

            No apologies necessary. Besides the fact that you have
            a lot of other things to do, we all must keep in mind
            that while the rest of us work separately, you
            essentially have to re-enter much (if not most) of
            what ALL of us send to you. And you have, we all
            realize, MANY contributors (not just regulars). As for
            myself, I try to hold back anything I've got whenever
            you notify an upcoming update; it saves both of us the
            time from my sending info you already have. Besides, I
            usually take note if you've made changes or additions
            in what you're looking for. (New categories,
            notations, etc.) I know I've sent a lot of material
            that's not posted yet, but I can't even imagine how
            much you get in all.

            > As y'all may know, I'm having throat surgery on May
            > 8th, and I am trying to get the new version of the
            web
            > site online before that. Recovery is expected to
            take a
            > while -- I'll be off work for three weeks.

            Me too (a few weeks off, that is), though for another
            reason I may mention later.

            Best wishes to you in your surgery and full recovery;
            here's hoping you come back better than ever!

            > Right now the priority is to get the new version
            > finished, so I have been neglecting the email a bit.

            > Again, my apologies to everyone.

            No problem. Best of health to you!!

            Gary Krause

            http://health.yahoo.com