Rhode Island,Grange,Masonic,etc.,.

  • ScottBillHirst@excite.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 26, 2000
      Today, I got a Rhode Island Government Owner's Manual.I will send
      that off to Lawrence Kestenbaum, probably tomorrow.Got some
      autograph's including the State Senate Majority and Minority Leader.
      A. By the way, Rhode Island Governor's in the 20th Century that were
      Freemasons:
      1. Elisha Dyer,Jr.,.
      2. William Gregory,Jr.,.
      3. R.Livingston Beeckman
      4. Norman S. Case (Lodge Master)
      5. Frank Licht (Lodge Master)
      All of these Governors are deceased.
      B. Notable Grangers in politics/government
      1.Franklin D. Roosevelt
      2.Tom Foley
      3.Sam Gejdenson(Still a member?,Bozrah Grange he belonged to is out
      of existence,)
      4.Current Rhode Island State Senators Sue Sosnowski and Kevin Breene
      5.Nahum Batchelder,Governor of New Hampshire,National Grange Master
      in the early 1900's,.
      6.F.Philip Prelli,Overseer(2nd ranking officer) of the Connecticut
      State Grange, current Connecticut State Representative,.
      7.Mildred White,Connecticut State Representative,1957-67 recently
      turned 90,both she and her lare husband Frank White,are/were members
      of the Grange,.
      C. For those who are interested Winston Churchill was a
      Freemason,and President Andrew Johnson was the first President to be
      a Knight Templar to my knowledge,.
      Enough for now,.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2, 2000
        One of the pages on The Political Graveyard lists politicians who were
        recipients of the Medal of Honor.

        Very helpful in this was an Army web site which not only listed all of the
        recipients but gave the full text of each citation. The address was
        http://www4.army.mil/cmh-pg/moh1.htm

        I have not been able to access that site in weeks.

        Does anyone know if there is a new address, or if that site will be back?

      • jmmyers@sprynet.com