Re: [political-graveyard] September 11 death: Jasper Baxter

  • Stephen F. Morelli
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 4, 2002
      Perhaps under assinated politicians, although that may be a little too far
      afield, as he was not a specific target as such. Building collapses, airline
      disasters et al apply but perhaps some thought should be given to a new
      catagory of victims of terrorism, or perhaps listed among those deceased
      due to an act of war, whether declared or undeclared.
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2002
        --- Lawrence Kestenbaum <polygon@...> wrote:

        > I had been wondering when/whether I would hear about
        > a politico eligible for the web site had been killed

        > in the terrorist attacks on September 11.
        >
        > Yes, there was Barbara Olson, but she was really a
        > commentator, not a politico as such. But I was
        > surprised as the days and weeks went by that
        > I didn't hear of any others.

        To me, the most likely situation would have been the
        plane out of Dulles; but all 4 planes, as we know,
        were carrying light passenger loads. If the Pentagon
        had been hit first, I suspect the toll would have been
        higher.

        > His name was Jasper Baxter, age 45, of Philadelphia,
        > and he was a two-time
        > candidate for state representative -- I assume in
        > Pennsylvania. He was
        > working as a consultant; on September 11, he was
        > conducting a 2-day
        > seminar on the 93rd floor of the World Trade Center.
        >
        > I would also be interested in some thoughts as to
        > what categories he ought
        > to be listed in. Tentatively, he might be listed in
        > the pages of
        > politicians killed in aircraft disasters, building
        > collapses, fire and
        > explosion, and murder; my instinct is to use all of
        > those.

        I would encourage the use of all 4; as well as (if
        applicable - I presume so) remains not found.

        I wouldn't go with the assassination angle, though, as
        he was not a specific target. I think the murder page
        should suffice in that regard.

        As for other categories, I don't see any others here;
        "public events or meetings" doesn't seem applicable,
        as you indicate he was at a private seminar.

        Gary Krause

        http://auctions.yahoo.com