RE: [political-graveyard] John Orlando Pastore,1907-2000,RI Gover nor/US Senator

  • Lotz, David (Dallas)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 21 7:53 AM
      Any idea where Pastore was buried?

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Scott Hirst [mailto:ScottBillHirst@...]
      Sent: Friday, 21 July, 2000 9:51 AM
      To: political-graveyard@egroups.com
      Subject: [political-graveyard] John Orlando
      Pastore,1907-2000,RI Governor/US Senator

      John Orlando Pastore,RI Lt. Governor,1945,Governor,
      1945-1950, and US
      Senator,1950-1976,recently died.I attended calling hours at
      the
      funeral home,visited a site at the Rhode Island State House
      in his
      memory,and wrote an piece for "The Chariho Times" on him.At
      the last
      Hopkinton Town Council meeting, I moved we adjourn in his
      honor/memory.While I am a Republican,and the Senator was a
      Democrat,he had become a true giant in Rhode Island
      history.He will
      be missed.He was the first Italian American to become
      Governor of a
      state and Italian American US Senator.He gave a memorable
      "keynote
      speech" at the 1964 Democratic National Convention.