Re: Murder of Sen.Burdick

  • kengib@email.msn.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 28, 2001
      It is an ancient and honourable fraternity of which many of the
      founders of our country belonged and which many of our present public
      figures belong. Presently there are about 3.5 million members world
      wide.

      Further information can be found in any encyclopedia.

      Ken Gibala

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2001
        Friends,
        As you know I have an avid interest in Freemasonry.I
        have been honored to have been a member since the
        1970's.I am Grand Historian of the Grand Royal Arch
        Chapter of Rhode Island.Royal Arch Masonry is an
        Appendant Order of what is called Freemasonry.In the
        United States at least you have to be a Symbolic Mason
        with having recieved the Master Mason degree.Their is
        variation in Masonic structure throughout the world.
        Internationally Prince Philip,consort of Elizabeth
        2,Queen of England;is the best known personage to be a
        Freemason.The Queen's first cousin, the Duke of Kent
        is the Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of England.
        In Iran to be a Freemason you could be executed.I
        believe that is still true.I suspect although I
        haven't seen it in print yet,that Osama Bin Laden is
        NOT friendly to Freemasonry.Freemasonry is a staunch
        in its toleration on religion.No doubt that toleration
        has caused it problems with its foes that want to
        advocate their own sectarian agenda.The seal of the
        Grand Lodge of Israel by the way, has the Christian
        Cross,Jewish Star of David,and Moslem Crescent.
        Notable Freemasons have included Pandit Nehru,Harry
        Houdini(Erich Weiss),George Washighton,Harry
        Truman,Roy Rogers,Mel Tillis,and John Wayne.
        My late father Robert Scott Hirst,(a member of three
        Masonic Lodges) on the evening of his death was
        serving as Chaplain for degree work at a lodge he was
        visiting,he collapsed in the Masonic Lodge.He spent
        his last night serving something he loved:FREEMASONRY!
        Senator Burdick,was a member of Charity Lodge
        No.23,F.&A.M.,then located at Hope Valley,R.I.,now
        meets in Kenyon,R.I.,My father was Senior Warden(2nd
        ranking officer) of that Masonic Lodge when he died.He
        was a Past Master of Franklin Lodge No.20,F.&A.M.,in
        Westerly,R.I.,and held membership in a Scottish Lodge
        in Edinburgh.I am a Franklin Lodge member.
        Grand Historian
        Grand Royal Arch Chapter of Rhode Island
        Member,Strategic Planning Committee and
        Member,Thomas Smith Webb Monument Committee,
        Grand Lodge of Rhode Island

        http://phone.yahoo.com