Ancestors of American Presidents

  • Scott Hirst
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2000
      The first entry for July!Yesterday I turned 47, the big 5-0 in a few
      years!I have an avid interest in genealogy, and a book you may have
      an interest in is "Ancestors of American Presidents" by Gary Boyd
      Roberts of "The New England Historic Genealogical Society" of
      Boston,Massachusetts.I am related albeit distantly to a number of
      Presidents and no doubt a number of Americans are.Among the
      Presidents who are distant kinsman of mine (partial listing) are both
      Adams,Lincoln,Garfield,Taft,Harding,Hoover,Franlin
      Roosevelt,Nixon,Ford,Carter, and Bush.Nixon and Carter are 6th
      cousins,while the Roosevelt Presidents are 5th cousins.The Roosevelts
      are not as closely related as James Madison and Zachary Taylor who
      were 2nd cousins.Also interesting is the relationship of Franklin and
      Eleanor Roosevelt who actually 5th cousins once removed.John Adams
      and Abigail Adams were 2nd,possibly 3rd cousins a lot closer than
      Franlin and Eleanor.If any of you want to contact me about genealogy
      do so.