Re: [political-graveyard] Congressman lives outside his precinct

  • ittner@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 1, 2001
      Thank you for the enlightening information about the inaccuracies of address
      databases.  Very enlightening.  A long as we continue to expect perfection in
      such lists, we will always be sadly disappointed.

      Gary Ittner
    • regillilan@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2001
        There is a definite bias against using social security numbers for voter
        registration.  Many fear the creation of a national identity card and
        totalitarian practices resulting from such a card.  The census is prohibited
        from using social security numbers.

        Ron Gillilan
      • Gary Krause
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 1, 2001
          --- Lawrence Kestenbaum <polygon@...> wrote:

          > Part of the problem in many areas is that the
          > addresses are so weird that you can't be sure what
          you
          > have on the list. The address which the woman
          > you mention thought was an alleyway might have been
          > a typo for a real house on the other side of town.

          I can't help thinking this must be an IMMENSE problem
          in someplace like Atlanta - aren't there a ludicrous
          number of streets named "Peachtree" there? (Peachtree
          Lane, Peachtree Boulevard, Peachtree Avenue, Peachtree
          Drive, etc.)

          Gary Krause

          http://im.yahoo.com