Re: [political-graveyard] Congressman lives outside his precinct

  • hbremmer@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 31, 2001
      Let's make it more horrible Larry. Let's propose using social security
      numbers and a nation wide voter system. Nirvana for those of us who are
      disabled, we could vote online!

      Helen Bremmer
    • ittner@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 1, 2001
        Thank you for the enlightening information about the inaccuracies of address
        databases.  Very enlightening.  A long as we continue to expect perfection in
        such lists, we will always be sadly disappointed.

        Gary Ittner
      • regillilan@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 1, 2001
          There is a definite bias against using social security numbers for voter
          registration.  Many fear the creation of a national identity card and
          totalitarian practices resulting from such a card.  The census is prohibited
          from using social security numbers.

          Ron Gillilan
        • Gary Krause
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 1, 2001
            --- Lawrence Kestenbaum <polygon@...> wrote:

            > Part of the problem in many areas is that the
            > addresses are so weird that you can't be sure what
            you
            > have on the list. The address which the woman
            > you mention thought was an alleyway might have been
            > a typo for a real house on the other side of town.

            I can't help thinking this must be an IMMENSE problem
            in someplace like Atlanta - aren't there a ludicrous
            number of streets named "Peachtree" there? (Peachtree
            Lane, Peachtree Boulevard, Peachtree Avenue, Peachtree
            Drive, etc.)

            Gary Krause

            http://im.yahoo.com