[polemos] Battle of Hagelberg

  • Glenn Pearce
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2010
      Hello John!

      I've not played this battle and I've not studied it but reading the scenario and looking at the ratings of the troops I don't think you can ever win with the Allies. For 1813 I think most of the French are probably rated too high and most of the Prussians too low. I would certainly rate the Prussian Reserve regiments higher. To reach a similar outcome to that mentioned in the scenario
      something has to change.

      Best regards,

      Glenn

      To: polemos@yahoogroups.com
      From: jwh0714@...
      Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 07:03:53 +0000
      Subject: [polemos] Battle of Hagelberg

      Hi,

      Has anyone out there played this GdD scenario from the Companion and seen the Allies win? I've played it solo a couple of times and the Allies didn't ever look even nearly in with a chance. Has anyone got any tactical tips for the Allies in this battle?

      Regards

      John

    • John Hetherington
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 10, 2010
        Hi Glenn,

        As you say - the combination of the troop ratings, the lack of artillery and the defensive terrain are all combining to make it extremely difficult for the Allies!  When I get around to it I'll read up on the battle in detail and see if the troop ratings can be tweaked a little.