THEY RISKED THEIR LIVES

  • Bayo Afolaranmi
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2004
      Dear Beloved,
      THEY RISKED THEIR LIVES
      "Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus. They risked their lives for me. Not only I but all the churches of the Gentiles are grateful to them" (Romans (16:3-4, NIV).
      A foreign missionary had an intimate friend. They had been together for quite a long time. The missionary really relied on this friend who was a native of the land. It happened that a persecution arose against the missionary because of a disagreement between him and the ruler of the land. The persecution was so great that the life of the missionary was at stake. The native friend risked his life to rescue his missionary friend from this persecution by breaking all the protocol to see the ruler and appease him.
      Aquila and Priscilla were good friends and co-workers with Paul, both in their trade of tent making and in the proclamation of the gospel. This really encouraged Paul as he continued to spread the good news. Not only this, they also risked their lives in identifying with Paul in his troubled times. They did not consider the danger of such action, but preferred to continue as co-workers with Paul. Their action attracted the gratitude of not only Paul, but also of the "churches of the Gentiles."
      Epaphroditus (another co-worker of Paul) also received such commendation for "risking his life to make up for the help�" Philippians 2:30, NIV).
      The Bible says, "�we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren" (1 John 3:16, NASB). In what way can you also risk your life for other people? A friend in need is a friend indeed.
      In His service,
      Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).

    • Bayo Afolaranmi
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2011
[...]

        NB
        This message was first sent out on August 1, 2004.

        Bible verses.

        GAIN" (Philippians 1:20-21, NIV).