Let God Set Your Agenda

  • Diana Hickman
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2004
      Let God Set Your Agenda

      This devotion is taken from Joyce Meyer's book,
      Starting Your Day Right.

      But this thing I did command them: Listen to and obey
      My voice, and I will be your God and you will be My
      people; and walk in the whole way that I command you,
      that it may be well with you (Jeremiah 7:23).

      Remember, you made your schedule, and you can change
      it. Pray about your day, your week, and your life
      goals to find out what God wants you to do, and what
      He doesn't want you to do.

      If you don't do what God is telling you to do, you may
      let people control and manipulate you to do what they
      want you to do. You may end up doing things for which
      you are not anointed. If you do what God tells you to
      do, He will bless you with joy, peace, rest, and
      wonderful relationships.

      Get Rid of Distractions

      That which is desired in a man is loyalty and kindness
      [and his glory and delight are his giving] (Proverbs
      19:22).

      Sometimes you may just need to clear away the clutter
      so you can clearly see what is worthwhile. Here is a
      simple suggestion: Don't keep more than you can take
      care of. If you have so much junk in your home that it
      takes you hours to dust it, get rid of something.

      Find a big carton and write "Blessing Box" on the side
      of it. Start putting extra things into it until
      cleaning is more manageable. Find someone who doesn't
      have much and bless them. You will be amazed at how
      easy it is to start your day right when you are no
      longer distracted by things you don't need.

      Get Up and Work

      And let the beauty and delightfulness and favor of the
      Lord our God be upon us; confirm and establish the
      work of our hands-yes, the work of our hands, confirm
      and establish it (Psalm 90:17).

      It is obvious we are supposed to work more than rest.
      Some people just lie on the couch, eating junk food
      and watching television all day, and then they wonder
      why their lives are a wreck.

      Once rested, get up and work. You can't take authority
      over your life if you don't have authority over a sink
      full of dirty dishes or a messy garage. If you want to
      grow in ministry to others, the Word says you must get
      your own house in order first (see 1 Timothy 3:5).
      Stay home and clean if you need to; but win the battle
      of getting your life in order before tackling the
      whole world.

      Ministry Is Fulfilling Work

      For you shall eat [the fruit] of the labor of your
      hands; happy (blessed, fortunate, enviable) shall you
      be, and it shall be well with you (Psalm 128:2).

      There is nothing more fulfilling than being rested and
      ready for the work that God has called us to do. God
      puts the desire in us to minister to people through
      whatever work we do. But ministry is work that
      requires physical, emotional, and spiritual strength.

      Hard work is rewarding when you follow God's way and
      minister to other people through "the labor of your
      hands." That is why it is so important to start your
      day with God. His presence will build you up
      emotionally, His words will strengthen you
      spiritually, and the time of rest that He calls you to
      enjoy will make you physically able to handle whatever
      may come your way.

      (c) 2003 by Joyce Meyer. Used with permission.

      =====
      My msn group: http://groups.msn.com/christianfriendscafe/home.msnw

      My Website: http://www.geocities.com/di777h

      For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.
      Jeremiah 29:11