new member

  • porsheiwish1
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2 7:25 AM
      I found a great website at www.familyradio.com. You should give it a
      try.
    • Darlene Sanders
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2003
        hello my name is darlene and i just joined this group. I am
        depressed so bad right now due to the death of my husband and
        stepdaughter in May and July of last year. there other things going
        on in my family right now that is making it worse. I am a christian
        since 1980 and i know God takes care of us all, but sometime you
        need someone else just to listen and help you through the tough
        times. God wants us to help each other. Every one expected me to be
        strong and tough and i thank God he helped me to be able to hold up
        and take care of my husband and stepdaughter while they were so
        sick. i did it too and if i had it to do over again i would. Now i
        don't feel strong at all and just so tired. I am sure others have
        experienced this feeling also. it helps to have christian support
        and friends. i hope to hear from every one.
      • Jill Easterwood
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 5, 2003
          Hey, Darlene. I'm Jill. What you are experiencing is
          100% normal. You were in "survival mode" while they
          were alive, so now you are becoming aware of all that
          was depeleted (your natural inner resources, etc)
          during that difficult, terrible time. It's okay to
          get counseling to get a few pointers to help you
          through. After my father was killed I got a book on
          grieving from the Christian book store that helped me
          tremendously. Be kind and good to yourself. Pamper
          yourself by a bubble bath, or lighting a candle and
          putting on relaxing music. I use to put on a bathrobe
          that made me feel pretty and comforted, put on music
          and light candles. Things like that is what God uses
          to replenish your soul.

          http://taxes.yahoo.com/