"Solution to the Crisis" by Joseph Y. Lee

  • josephylee@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2009
      Solution to the Crisis
      by Joseph Yosuk Lee

      To the Brothers and Sisters who are faithful
      in Christ Jesus:

      Grace to you and peace from God our Father and
      the Lord Jesus Christ.

      I want to remind everyone that Christianity is not
      about living a perfect life. It is about the
      crucifixion, resurrection, and ascension of our
      Lord Jesus Christ. Christianity is about the grace
      of God. However, I have some band-aid solutions
      unless my advice is coupled by the grace of God.

      1) We can pray about the crisis.

      2) We can repent. We can confess our sins to our
      pastors and deacons whenever we have difficulty
      repenting. (James 5:16)

      3) The members from the local church can participate
      by going to Bible study and by going to church every
      Sunday. We need to participate in all congregational
      church meetings. If anyone is not at church, the
      members of the church should call him/her and ask
      him/her how he/she is doing. We should do this through
      e-mail or through the phone.

      4) We can evangelize to our non-Christian peers at
      work by building relationships with them.

      5) We can read books by Norman Geisler, John M.
      Frame, R.C. Sproul, and John MacArthur.

      6) We must not compromise on the issues of divorce,
      abortion, homosexuality, etc.

      7) The church must work as a team. We should not
      compete with other churches. We must respond
      competitively to the Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses,
      Muslims, Catholics, Hindus, Buddhists, and the
      Unification Church. For example, Jehovah's
      Witnesses evangelize and put a booth in the Great
      Mall at San Jose. We must respond competitively by
      putting our own booth in the malls. When the
      Mormons require their members to do missions for
      two years, we should respond competitively by
      doing the same. Please note that we need grace to
      compel us to take action against the Mormons,
      Jehovah's Witnesses, etc.

      8) We can save time by not watching TV or by not
      playing any video games unless we can foster the
      spirit of fellowship and accountability.

      9) We can faithfully tithe to the church, and we
      can do it in secret without boasting to our fellow
      brothers and sisters.

      10) We should not make the church into a circus.
      The people in the church can just simply pay more
      attention to what the pastor says. A pastor is not
      a stand-up comedian. He is the head of the church.
      I really believe that it is the members'
      responsibility to listen to the pastor even though
      the pastor may be boring. Church should be God-
      centered, not man-centered. We should not compromise
      the quality of worship just because people find
      church boring.

      11) The deacons and elders at the church can
      introduce themselves to everyone in the church. Let
      the people in the church get to know all of the
      deacons and elders. Let the deacons and elders ask
      questions to the members of the church about pastors'
      messages. Let the deacons and elders quiz the
      members in the church about what the members have
      learned and heard.

      12) We can read the Bible.

      13) We can post the pastors' messages on the website
      and through e-mail.

      14) We must listen to the members in the local church.
      We must learn to listen.

      Thank you for your prayers.

      Grace be with all those who incorruptibly love our Lord
      Jesus Christ.

      Following the will of God,
      Joseph Yosuk Lee