Re: An underground book announcing the second coming

  • mikeinpanama998
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
      Dear group members, I just wanted to say that I read this book and
      believe it or not, it convinced me that its premise is true, that
      Christ is on earth now. I also listened to a few of the press
      conferences (from the web sites given in the book´s text) and my
      feelings were only confirmed. Maharishi is planning to reconstruct
      all buildings on earth according to principles of ancient Vedic
      architecture. This fact reminds me strongly of Jesus´ prediction
      that "not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not
      be thrown down" (Matt. 24:2). Jesus was also reported to have
      healed people of their infirmities in the synogogues (Matt. 21:14).
      And in one of Maharishi´s press conferences I heard him say that
      people will come to the Peace Palaces he plans to build and
      there "they will be healed of their diseases." Finally, a third
      parallel, I heard him say that very soon "prisoners will be released
      from prison"--a promise Christ also made in regard to his second
      coming. Who else on earth, after all, is saying things like these?

      --- In pointmanchristiangrowthcenter@yahoogroups.com, "hanuman46637"
      <hanuman46637@y...> wrote:
      > Dear members,
      > In light of the distressing state of world affars, I would
      > to tell you about a book I found on the web. The author is
      > announcing the second coming of Christ at the present time. The
      > contains perhaps 100 or more quotes from the Bible. I read it,
      > it convinced me that it is true, that Christ is on earth now. The
      > author is making no money from this book. The whole text is
      > available for free at
      > www.geocities.com/taustin_46637/
      > Thank you, and I hope you find this information useful.
      > Matt Donaldson
    • mikeinpanama998
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 3, 2004
        Dear members,
        I wrote an email to the author of this book (at
        www.geocities.com/taustin_46637/), and he sent me back some letters
        he received from Christians after they read his book. I found these
        topics to be particularly relevant to the way I think many of we
        Christians might be feeling, so I want to share them with you. This
        is a very, very important time in history! I really think this is
        the return of our Lord! In a spirit of all love, Paul

        Dear readers of The Return of Spirit,

        I would like to share, please, a few of the letters I received in
        regard to the above book. (I have edited them for the sake of

        Dear readers,

        I would like to share, please, a few of the letters I received in
        regard to the above book. (I have edited them for the sake of

        Dear Mr. Austin,

        I was very interested to read the information you present. While I
        was reading, nonetheless, a question kept recurring to me. During my
        upbringing and schooling as a Christian, a principle that was
        repeatedly stressed was the great importance of believing in Christ.
        To have faith in Jesus--unwavering, unshakable faith—it seems to me,
        is a key component, or even the key component, in assuring one´s
        salvation after death. In reading your book, however, I noticed that
        this idea seemed to be given little importance. Could you comment
        upon this point please? Thank you.

        Glendale, IL, USA

        Dear D.L.,

        Thank you so much for raising a very important point. In the popular
        practice of Christianity today, a great number of beautiful and
        sacred biblical precepts are faithfully observed. The essentiality
        of faith, which Paul stresses particularly in Colossians, is one of
        those areas in which I felt there was no need even for reflection.
        The New Testament, in addition, is replete with guidance regarding
        the salvation of human souls. The verses Jesus speaks, for instance,
        in Matthew 19:16-30 are one good example of his teaching in this
        regard. His words, in fact, that slavation "is impossible" "with
        men" whereas "with God all things are possible" is a beautiful
        distillation of Maharishi´s message.

        Dear Mr. Austin,

        Throughout my life, I have longed for the return of Christ that the
        Bible speaks so frequently about. For this reason, naturally, I have
        read carefully the things Jesus told us to remember during the last
        days when his return will be immanent. I know, for example, that in
        all the gospels he warns people that in the end times many false
        prophets will appear, who will deceive great numbers of people.
        Jesus says also that many false Christs will appear also. For this
        reason, he tells us that if anyone claims to be Christ, not to
        believe him. And he adds that if anyone tells us that this one or
        that one is Christ, not to believe him. He says specifically that
        Christians should watch for the sign of the Son of man "coming on the
        clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he will send his
        angels with a great sound of a trumpet..." (Matt. 24:30-31, NKJV).
        Therefore, it seems clear to me that this is the sign that I should
        watch for, and when I see it, I will then know with absolute
        certainty that the one I see is Christ. Your book, however, seems to
        ignore these biblical quotes, these words spoken by Christ himself.
        Can you respond please? Thank you very much.

        Reno, NV

        Dear M.Z.,

        I´m so glad you sent me your letter. The points you raise are indeed
        crucial at this time. In order to receive a complete response,
        please refer to page 7 of the book above, where I mention some
        additional, relevant points. I feel, also, that we should remember
        that Jesus did say things that were not meant to be taken as
        literally true. He said, for example, that "all these things" (the
        events preceeding the end of the world) "will happen before the
        people now living have all died" (Matt. 24:34). Nonetheless, the
        world did not end during Jesus´ generation. (In the book above, this
        quote is explained in a way that renders Jesus´ words true.) Also,
        at the end of the Gospels, Jesus promises that "from now on," "you
        will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Father, and
        coming on the clouds of heaven" (Matt. 26:64). Well, apparently, the
        people to whom Jesus spoke those words did not see such a sight (only
        Peter, who was not present when Jesus said this, is recorded to have
        seen this spectacle). And, if Jesus were speaking these words to a
        general audience, as he so often does, then I must say that I for one
        have not beheld such a sight. So here are two examples of Jesus
        saying things that are not intended to be taken at literal face
        value. Therefore, when you expect the only trustworthy sign of the
        Apocalypse to be Christ descending on a cloud from heaven, I don´t
        think I would use this as an absolute or a literal standard. What
        about where Jesus tells us, "an evil and adulterous generation seeks
        after a sign, and no sign will be given it"? (Matt. 12:39). (This
        quote is especially significant to me considering that Christ calls
        his descent from the clouds of heaven specifically a "sign!")
        Furthermore, Christ adds that "all eyes will be on him" when he
        descends thus on the clouds. What about blind people? Moslems?
        People in prison? In solitary confinement? Those bedridden in
        hospitals? Those in comas? Those in submarines?
        The point is that if we read these lines in a strict, literal sense,
        their meaning is impossible. Jesus often taught people that when
        they are guided by Spirit, as he was, then they are not obligated to
        observe the dictates of scripture in all cases. The Pharisees often
        pestered Jesus by pointing out that his actions were in violation of
        the written codes in the Old Testament (such as when he healed people
        on the sabbath), and his teaching to them was that when he followed
        the impulses of his heart and mind, in his state of heightened
        consciousness in union with God, he did the divine will even when it
        ran contrary to scripture. Paul clearly understood this principle in
        Christ's teaching, and thus he told us "The written code kills, but
        the Spirit gives life" (II Cor. 3:6).
        Jesus told us not to wait for a sign, but rather to make logical
        deductions based upon the events at play. ("When the fig tree is in
        bloom, know that summer is near..." (Matt. 24:32). "Watch," and be
        on your guard lest you be taken by surprise, for the Son of Man will
        return "like a thief in the night" as happened "in the days of Noah,
        when people were drinking and feasting and marrying, and had no idea
        what was happening, until the waters came and swept them all away"
        (Matt. 37-39). Well, surely people are waking up to the fact that
        something major is happening now. I mean, four hurricaines in a row
        in Florida?! Surely I am not the only person who knows this is very
        bizarre. And Tuesday (Sept. 28) there was an earthquake in
        California followed by the eruption of Mt. St. Helens. These
        occurrences, of course, are a mere fragment of the whole picture on
        earth, but I assume readers do not need elaboration on this sad
        topic. Many Christians worldwide, even in the official literature of
        some Christian churches, acknowledge that we are in the end times now.
        I know some people have responded emotionally to my assertion that
        Maharishi is Christ. I must remind readers, however, that Isaiah
        declared, "As lightening comes from the East and shines even upon the
        West, so also shall the coming of the Son of Man be." Jesus repeated
        these verses for us (Matt. 24:27). I have a conservative translation
        of the Bible (AKJV), and in it "East" is written with a capital "E."
        This indicates that Isaiah and Jesus were telling us that in his
        return Jesus would come from the Far East (i.e., India, China, etc.)
        and not the direction east. So taking these lines as they are, we
        would certainly not expect Christ to look like the green-eyed, brown-
        haired white man that artists are fond of imagining him to be. In
        his press conferences, Maharishi has spoken at length about his plan
        to reconstruct all buildings in the world according to the principles
        of ancient Vedic architecture. This fact certainly reminds me of
        Jesus´ prediction that "not one stone shall be left here upon
        another, that will not be thrown down" (Matt. 24:2). The Bible
        records, also, that Jesus healed people of their infirmities in the
        Jewish temples (Matt. 21:14), a fact that parallels Maharishi´s
        statement that "people will come to the Peace Palaces and be healed
        of their diseases." Finally, Maharishi has also remarked that soon,
        prisoners will be freed from jail, a promise made also by Christ.
        In conclusion, I believe that in one sense, the question of whether
        or not Maharishi is Christ is actually irrelevant to the question of
        whether his programs should be adopted in all nations. They should
        be adopted because they have been proven—exhaustively—to be effective
        in reducing suffering in human life. Therefore it makes no
        difference whether one views this as a spiritual or a moral issue; on
        either ground, his programs in all areas of public life should be
        instituted. And if, in fact, God is judging all people at this time--
        the way He did before Jesus´ crucifiction, silently and unobtrusively—
        then in this matter the criterion for judgment is obvious.
        I should point out, also, if I may please, that Jesus´quote
        about "false prophets arising and showing great signs and wonders
        that will deceive, if possible, even the elect" could certainly apply
        to the Christians who travel around the country and stage "miracle
        healings" in front of thousands of people. There are some, also,
        even some very orthodox Christians, who might consider the Pope a
        false prophet. And where Jesus says, "Many will come in My name,
        saying, ´I am the Christ, deceiving many," I should emphasize that
        Maharishi has never, ever said he was Christ. (And others in recent
        times, such as Charles Manson, Jim Jones and the Reverend Sum Yung
        Moon, have in fact claimed to be Jesus.) I just find myself laughing
        right now, thinking of the expression, which I don´t recall exactly,
        that goes something like, "if it looks like an orange, and smells
        like an orange..."
      • dean2@tbaytel.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 3, 2004
          Re: An underground book announcing the second coming

          The REAL 2nd Coming
          & The New Age Conspiracy

          My friends: Do not be decieved. The last GREAT deception will
          capture the whole world under the dictatorship of one charismatic
          leader. Would you believe me when I say that "Satan," the
          deceiver, has masterminded massive confusion in our world regarding
          the scriptures and he is saving his best for last? My intent now is
          to give you the honest truth about what the REAL return of Christ
          will be like.

          Revelation 16:14 says, "The spirits of demons" would perform "signs
          that go out to the kings of the earth and the whole world." Before
          the true coming of Jesus, spirits of demons will deceive political
          leaders and the 'kings of the earth.' Revelation 12:12 says, "Woe
          to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come
          down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a
          short time." Satan is preparing to deceive the multitudes, because
          his greatest prize is earth, and he is determined to get total
          control of all who dwell within.

          Through out the Bible we see that for every truth God has, Satan has
          a counterfeit. Could it be that before the TRUE return of Christ,
          Satan will masquerade as the true Christ? And could it be that
          Satan will try to pull off a counterfeit second coming? In fact, in
          Matthew 24:5, the Bible says, "For many will come in My name,
          saying, `I am the Christ'." Matthew 24:24 says, "For false
          and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders, so
          as to deceive, if possible, even the elect." Might it be possible
          that many Christians have accepted false teachings about the second
          coming of Christ and they are unwittingly preparing to be deceived?

          The Bible says, in Matthew 24:26, "Therefore if they say, 'Look,
          He's in the desert!' do not go out; or 'Look, He is in the inner
          rooms!' do not believe it." What if a being of dazzling brightness
          masqueraded as Jesus, and what if this being was able to heal
          people? The Bible says they are spirits of demons working
          miracles. How could you tell the true Christ from the false? Can
          you tell the genuine from a counterfeit?

          Do you see why it's so important to understand what the Bible says
          about the end time? Because deceptions are going to come that can
          sweep us off our feet if we are not grounded in the truth. "Let not
          your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In
          my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have
          told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare
          a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself that
          where I am you may be also." Jn. 14:2-3. In over 1500 places in the
          Bible, the prophets and our Lord himself says that Christ loves you,
          and He's returning for you!

          This world is moving to a grand and glorious climax. And the Bible
          describes how the true Christ will return:

          First, the Bible says that Christ's coming will be a literal event.
          It is not some ethereal coming 'to the heart or a feeling of love in
          the universe. The Bible says, in Titus 2:13, we should be "looking
          for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and
          Savior, Jesus Christ." At a point in time, Christ came once. At a
          point in time, Christ will come again.

          Second, Christ's coming is a personal event. Remember after the
          death and resurrection of Jesus, as the disciples looked up to get
          one last look of the Messiah, as He ascended into heaven --- two
          angels descended and said, "This same Jesus, who was taken up from
          you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into
          heaven." Acts 1:11. Jesus ascended in the clouds, and He will
          descend in the clouds.

          Third, Christ's coming is a visible event --- there will be nothing
          secret about this event. The Bible is abundantly plain. It
          says, "Behold, He is coming with clouds, and every eye will see
          Him." Rev.1:7. The Bible says in Mathew 24:30, "Then the sign of
          the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then ALL the tribes of the
          earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the
          clouds of heaven with power and great glory." This is no secret or
          some hidden event as many Christian groups are teaching and

          Fourth, Christ's coming is an audible event. Not only will every
          eye see it, but also every ear will hear it. In fact, Revelation
          16:18, 20 puts it: "And there were noises and thunderings and
          lightnings; and there was a great earthquake, such a mighty and
          great earthquake as had not occurred since men were on the
          earth...then every island fled away, and the mountains were not
          found." The Bible says in 1Thessalonians 4:16: "For the Lord
          Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an
          archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will
          arise first." Believe you me… we will hear when He returns.

          Fifth, only Jesus can raise the dead! When Christ descends down the
          corridor of the sky, He will call, forth all those TRUE Christians
          who are asleep in the grave. Only Christ who is the life giver, can
          raise the dead. The Bible says, in 1Thessalonians 4:17, "Then we
          who are alive and remain" (the TRUE Christians who are alive when He
          comes) "shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet
          the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord."

          But what about those who spurn God's mercy, and turn their backs on
          God's love? Rev.6:15-6 says that "they hid themselves in the caves
          and in the rocks of the mountains, and said to the mountains and
          rocks, 'Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the
          throne and from the wrath of the Lamb'".
          Jesus is not coming back primarily to destroy people, but if men
          and women cling to sin, for Jesus to take sinners to heaven would be
          to start the rebellion all over again. Sin is combustible in the
          presence of a Holy God! If you're holding onto sin in your life
          when Christ comes you will be consumed. When the Lord Jesus is
          revealed from heaven with His mighty angels "in flaming fire, taking
          vengeance on those who do not know God and those who obey not the
          gospel of Jesus Christ" 2Thess.1:8. The Bible say in 2Thessalonians
          2:8 "Whom the Lord will consume with the brightness of His coming."

          Matthew 24:27: "As the lightning comes from the east and flashes to
          the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be." A glorious
          event; the climax of history. The war between good and evil will be
          over; the battle between Christ and Satan consummated. The fate of
          every person will be decided. There will be no second chance.

          This world has little hope, without Jesus. Is there anything more
          important to you than being ready to meet Christ when He returns?
          Is there anything more important to you than living with Him

          For more information visit: