Fw: Poetry Slam on Roskilde Festival 2004

  • Istvan Molnar
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2003
      Meddelelse
      Hej,
      vidarebefordrar mail från Danmark
      hälsn
      István

      Dear fellow poets,

      We are proud to present the biggest Poetry Slam competition in Denmark to this day:

      The Roskilde Festival 2004 Poetry Slam.

      - and we are inviting you to participate - and compete!

      The Roskilde Festival is placed in Denmark, about 30 kilometres form the capital, Copenhagen. As you might know, it is primarily a music festival. But as in 2003, the festival will include a Spoken Word-scene, presenting danish poets and writers - and the Poetry Slam.
      The Roskilde Festival 2004 takes place from thursday the 1st of July, ending on sunday the 4th. The Slam will take place on all four days of the Festival, with the three first heats thursday, friday and saturday, every night at 8 pm. On sunday it's time for the final, presenting the nine best slammers from the three other slams.

      (For those of you, who are not familiar with the rules of Poetry Slam, we have listed our version for the Roskilde Festival '04 Slam below.)

      We cannot yet say what the prizes will be, but they will surely be there - last year the winner of the final recieved some goods including af ticket for next years festival.

      It is free to participate in the Poetry Slams on Roskilde - BUT you need a ticket for the festival itself. They are sold from the 1st of December for 1150 danish kroner, abot 150 euro. Check out http://www.roskilde-festival.dk/object.php?obj=c0000c&code=1 for further information (in english).

      To participate in the slams, you also need to register on the webpage www.spokenword.dk - it is in danish, but go for the "tilmelding" button in the menu, and fill in name, adress, country, e-mail, phonenumber and a few word about yourself. Due to the structure of the slams, their can only be 30 participants in all - but we will to some degree ensure that foreign slammers can participate. If you register, please note that it is in some way binding - you can unregister per e-mail (to us), but don't come to Roskilde telling us that you want to see Kylie Minoques performance instead (she is NOT coming!).

      Once you're registred, you will be given more information in the months before the festival.

      The rules, as promised:

      It is the organizers who divides the competitors between the three slams. The positions can only be switched by agreement between two slammers and the organizers.

      Each slam consists of three rounds: 1.,  2. round and the final.

      The slammers are only allowed to perform their own material/ texts. The text can be any language, even pure nonsense.

      Every slammer got three minutes in every round to perform the slam. And ten second more, before the penalty-points starts counting.

      The Slammer is not allowed to use costumes, instruments or accessories. It is one slammer, one microphone and the text- nothing else.

      After each slam, the five judges (choosen from the audience) gives points between 0,0 and 10,0. The highest and the lowest score is taken away, and the sum of the three others gives the Slammers score.

      After the first round, the six best Slammers goes on to the second round.

      After the second round, each Slammers scores from round 1. and 2. are summed. The three slammers with the highest scores are in the final.

      In the final, the scores goes from scartch. The winner is the slammer with the highest score in the final.

      Every matter of dispute (related to the slam, that is) is settled by the organizers of the Roskilde Festival 04 Poetry Slam-competition.

      --------------------------

      Hope to hear from some of you,

      Best regards,

      Frederik Bjerre A. and Claus Hoexbroe

      Poets - and hosts for the Roskilde Festival '04 Poetry Slam.

      P.S.: If you've got any ideas, arrangements or other that you want us to hear about, please contact us.
    • Kristina N
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 28, 2003
        så j-a kul idé!!!

        /Kriss

        Istvan Molnar <molnar@...> wrote:
[...]

        Höstrusk och grå moln - köp en resa till solen på Yahoo! Resor