Special Dodge Poetry Initiative for NJ High Schools...

  • poetrynj-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2012
      ...affected by Tropical Storm Sandy.

      The Dodge Poetry in the Schools Program is directing a portion of its resources to bringing poetry to those who face the most challenging circumstances in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.

      Our priority is to bring poetry to the high school communities who are most in need of the healing power of poetry.

      In order for us to respond quickly and plan events for the winter and spring of 2013, we are using a simple survey to gather information. If you are interested, please return the survey by Friday, December 21st.

      Understanding that you know the needs of your school better than we do, we would like to hear your ideas about how poets and poetry can contribute to your high school community's health and healing during this difficult time. The Poetry in the Schools program works with high school students, as well as high school teachers. We will consider applications that bring poetry to students and/or teachers and staff.

      For more information and to apply, click http://www.dodgepoetry.org/schools/hurricane-sandy-poetry-initiative/

      We do have limited resources, and may not be able to meet all the demand, but we will begin contacting schools in early January, and hosting programs in the winter and spring of 2013 at no cost.

      This opportunity is only open to New Jersey high schools.