UNDERSTANDING POETRY WORKSHOP in Lansdowne

  • Peter Murphy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2 4:23 AM
      UNDERSTANDING POETRY WORKSHOP in Lansdowne

      How to Read, Understand, and Fall in Love with Poetry.
      Led by Dan Simpson

      Sunday, June 8: 1:00 - 4:00 pm
      Lansdowne Public Library
      55 S. Lansdowne Ave.
      Lansdowne, PA

      Free.

      RSVP requested.
      Please send RSVP or questions to Dan Simpson (dansimpson@...).

      Too many of us have come away from studying poetry in school with the idea that you had
      to be some kind of clairvoyant to understand it. We got the sense that there existed only
      one correct interpretation, and we would never find it. Come check out some poetry with
      us, beginning with song lyrics, and see if you don't find yourself relaxing into the world of
      words and enjoying the playfulness of interpretation. Â… and if you came to the last one,
      please come back; we'll be looking at new poems and song lyrics.