HARLEM RENAISSANCE REVISITED in NYC

  • Peter Murphy
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2008
      HARLEM RENAISSANCE REVISITED in NYC

      Tuesday, March 4, 7:00pm
      Tribeca Performing Arts Center
      199 Chambers Street
      NYC

      JOHN KEENE, MENDI AND KEITH OBADIKE & EVIE SHOCKLEY
      This major retrospective event will explore representations of race, sexual identity and
      class in the revolutionary literature of such Harlem Renaissance poets as STERLING
      BROWN, LANGSTON HUGHES, ANNE SPENCER, RICHARD BRUCE NUGENT and later
      generations of writers they influenced. Through readings, discussions and
      multidisciplinary performances, the participants will revive the complex cultural,
      intellectual and political fabric of the movement that became the testing ground for ideas
      that would forever change our city and our nation.

      $10
      Free to students, Cave Canem, Poets House and PSA Members.

      Contact: 212-254-9628
      www.poetrysociety.org