RICHARD FORD @ Bryn Mawr

  • Peter Murphy
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2006
      RICHARD FORD @ Bryn Mawr

      Friday, November 3, 2006 at 7:30 PM.
      Thomas Great Hall
      Bryn Mawr College
      101 North Merion Avenue,
      Bryn Mawr

      Free

      Contact:610-526-5210

      ***
      In THE LAY OF THE LAND, his first novel in ten years, Richard Ford reprises his famed
      everyman protagonist, Frank Bascombe, whose story began with the best-selling novel THE
      SPORTSWRITER in 1985, and continued in the 1995 Pulitzer Prize winner INDEPENDENCE DAY.
      In THE LAY OF THE LAND, we discover Bascombe - who "has earned himself a place beside
      Willy Loman and Harry Angstrom in our literary landscape," according to the New York Times
      Book Review - in the fall of 2000, contending with health, marital, and family issues, while
      the presidential election hangs in the balance