Message from the moderator

  • Peter Murphy
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2006
      I am sorry to say that my computer died and I lost all the information some of you asked
      me to post for March and April. Yes, I had a back up external hard drive which, when I
      needed it most, also failed. Talk about Murphy's Law.

      So, if you have a reading, workshop or conference occuring in the next few days, please
      resend the details to me asap. If you can format them as shown below, I will post them
      promptly. If your event is to occur after March 15, please wait a few days and then send it
      to me.

      Thank you for your patience and for subscribing to PoetryNJ.

      Peter Murphy

      ***
      [Sample Message]

      GARY MORGAN in Cardiff, NJ

      Wednesday, February 29 @ 7 p.m.
      Cook's Books
      123 Reader Street
      Cardiff, NJ

      Free Open to Follow

      Contact: Mr. Big 555-555-5555 / big@...

      ***
      Gary Mogan is the author of POETRY MAKES NOTHING HAPPEN.
    • pembroke9
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 22 2:28 AM
        Dear PoetryNJ Subscribers,

        As your empty inbox suggests, there has not been a lot of literary activity going on in the tri-state area in August. Do not despair, things will pick up in September when Poets House opens its brand new center in lower Manhattan and other organizers return from their vacations from words.

        That said, today begins Myth, Mountain & Imagination, a getaway for poets and writers in Wales [http://wales.murphywriting.com]. For the next week I will be in the heart of the Snowdonia Mountains leading fifteen writers through adventures in words and in wild Wales. There will be no internet, no email, and no posts on PoetryNJ.

        If you are an event organizer, please email your information formatted like the sample below to pembroke9@..., and I will post it when I come down from the mountain. Please give me at least two weeks notice, more if you can. Last year, we posted more than 800 events. I need as much help as you can give me.

        That's it for now.

        Warmest,

        Peter

        ***
        Peter Murphy
        Murphy Writing Seminars, LLC
        Challenging & Supportive Workshops
        www.MurphyWriting.com

        ***
        Register now for Live Free and Write
        A New Hampshire Getaway for Poets & Writers
        November 6-8, 2009
        http://bit.ly/1tYSw

        ***
        17th Annual Winter Poetry & Prose Getaway in Cape May
        Not your typical writers' conference.
        with Special Guests, Mark Doty & Stephen Dunn
        January 15-18, 2010
        www.wintergetaway.com

        &&&

        SAMPLE FORMAT FOR POETRYNJ POSTS:

        THOMAS MORGAN & MORGAN THOMAS in Cardiff

        Thursday, January 32 @ 7 PM
        Llanberis Pub
        30 Swansea Drive
        Cardiff, NJ