Remembering Halloween

  • wildhorse_standingstill
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2007
      My children decorating for days the front porch
      Hay bales with some stuffed dude sitting on top
      Carved pumpkins,cobwebs caramel apples
      Finding that just right costume ninjas a fairy princes.

      The children so excited with their bags to go
      The huge candy dish that sat by the door
      Keeping the porch light on for the goblins and ghosts
      The sound of trick or treat echoing down the street

      And now their costumes outgrown
      Lives of their own
      Leaves rustling in the autumn air
      I sit here