Thirst To Know More

  • DLBudnick
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 26, 2006
      Thirst To Know More

      many endless, chilly nights I have spent
      gazing into the open barren wasteland
      as I watched the sunset I noticed it was colorful,
      a bit abstract in all it's hues and dimensions
      as viewed through the space between my eyes

      tumbleweed and other brush swept passed me,
      as if the night spirits were calling to them, calling out
      to many animals, such as the snakes and spiders
      who were creepy and quiet marching on top of the sand,
      but whoever wonders about the musty, damp caves
      hidden from view, hidden from the light of day

      the prickly odd shaped cactus over there
      stared and wept as I stood up and cried dried tears,
      knowing all to well the cactus had the water
      I was thirsting all along, well into the night

      and I leave
      with a thirst
      to know more

      Debbie Budnick
      my book: "The Writer Within" can be found on PublishAmerica.com

      PeoplePC Online
      A better way to Internet
      http://www.peoplepc.com
    • Ed Wolverton

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 28, 2006

          Thanks Ed for the nice comment. Those ants must be very strong ants.

          Debbie

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
            an ant can lift some 100 times their weight. a group of ants working together would be able to move a boulder. ive seen what had to be about 50-60 ants one time carrying a dead squirrel.

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
              I think it would be kind of neat to see ants carrying a dead squirrel.

              DLBudnick <dlbudnick@...> wrote:

[...]

              AC: www.associatedcontent.com/join.html?refer=34604

              PeoplePC Online
              A better way to Internet