Feeling Trapped

  • Debbie Budnick
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 4, 2014

      and when my son visits me

      this neighbor throws a fit
      if I walk
      if I take a shower
      if I leave

      and when I come back or go somewhere
      even to my basement
      this neighbor is there
      in the hallway of the apartment building
      watching me
      giving me a dirty look

      sometimes this neighbor
      asks me where I went to
      and what I am doing
      but I never answer her
      I just keep walking upstairs to my apartment

      this neighbor stomps away
      back inside her apartment
      when I do not tell her anything
      she will yell out
      calling me names
      as she slams her door shut

      a short time later
      this neighbor
      who happens to live below me
      pounds on her ceiling and walls
      which make my floor shake and vibrate

      it's frustrating
      it's getting way past ridiculous
      but what am I to do
      I am low income
      living on disability
      and have limited places to live
      that I can afford

      I have complained
      about this neighbor harassing me
      to the management of this housing complex
      but the harassing from this neighbor continues
      to worsen as the weeks and months go by

      I feel trapped
      but something needs to be done
      nobody should have to live like this
      nobody should have to be harassed every single day
      just because they can not afford a different place to live

      Debbie Budnick
      my books: "The Writer Within", "One Road, One Poet", "Mirror of My Thoughts", and "Life Problems" can be found on PublishAmerica.com

    • mel campos
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2014
        ahhh,you are right, no one deserves this kind of harassment. I hope all turns out for the better for you

        "The earth has music for those who listen"

        William Shakespeare

        Kiowa

        On Saturday, January 4, 2014 7:50 PM, Debbie Budnick <dlbudnick@...> wrote:

        Feeling Trapped