Damn You, Agent Orange!

  • mel campos
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2012
      I've been missing Col and Alan, their conversations and sharing of thoughts. I found out Alan passed on in July of this year. I have spoken to one of his dear friends who had visited him prior to his passing. Cancer got the best of him, as well as with Colin. I feel angry too, but I know I cannot change what had happened. Here is a poem I composed, trying to understand what I am feeling...melanie

      Damn You, Agent Orange!

      Have you seen the secret Agent?
      His name is quite colorful, yet
      The damaging trail it leaves
      Seeping into ground and bodies
      Pungent odors intermingling
      While poisonous vapors arising
      Choking folk on both sides
      Creating havoc within their hides
      What was its purpose, really?
      To smoke out the Vietnam enemy?
      The insidious effects of that war
      Continues to live with the Warrior
      Deformities and malformation
      Passing onto the next generation
      While the exposure it created
      Cancers and disease within my friend!
      Damn you exterminating device!
      Damn you, governmental malice!
      When will you take the responsibility
      For all the Soldiers death or disability?

      ┬ęCopyright 27 November 2012
      MahTame

      "The earth has music for those who listen"

      William Shakespeare

      Kiowa