Unabsolved by Robin

  • Robin Stansbury
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006

      Unabsolved

      by

      Robin

      I've spent my life searching for what was never meant to be.

      At last I understand what was so easy for everyone else to see.

      You can never say I didn't give you all that was mine to give,

      In those all too few precious moments, when I finally got to live.

      Now, I've solved the puzzle, the answer is finally mine at last,

      As, for all to see, my heart's flag flies for eternity, at half mast.

      I was born, impossible to love, eternally wandering, lost.

      It must be for the sins of the fathers, that I pay such a cost.

      You were the sun, around which my whole world revolved.

      I'll die lost, because of some unrealized sin, gone unabsolved.

      Not knowing whatever became of you, bitter tears, still, I cry,

      Even while beneath the cold, dark earth, alone forever, I lie.

      (c) Stansbury 2006

      I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult. ~~Rita Rudner

    • Ed Wolverton

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2006

          As original as we think we are, most things have already been done...Thanks, Ed!

          I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult. ~~Rita Rudner

          From: Ed Wolverton <ewolvertonart@...>
          To: poetry_speaks@yahoogroups.com
          Subject: Re: [poetry_speaks] Unabsolved by Robin
          Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 08:47:47 -0700 (PDT)

          Robin Stansbury <rstansbury1@ hotmail.com> wrote:

[...]

          Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2�/min or less.

        • Ed Wolverton
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2006
            Hi Robin.....it wasn't that good, but I was hinting around for you to check out the site....it's got allot of my very old poetry in it....Ed.

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 2, 2006

              Give me a direct link to your poetry storage, and I will, quite happily, spend hours reading...it would be a joy!  If you ever want to look back at some of my older poetry, feel free!

              I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult. ~~Rita Rudner