Baldo from My Barrio - artDax

  • art dax
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2010

      Baldo from My Barrio

      Baldo from my barrio, everybody liked him

      Known for his kindness that overflowed to the brim

      Barrio San Anton, that’s where he was known to dwell

      Whatever he did, he did extremely well

      He was used to hard work, when not tilling the land

      He would be cutting logs with an ax in his hand

      When not planting seeds, he was harvesting crop

      He repaired the roadways whenever potholes popped

      At the break of day he was ready to work

      Smoking and drinking were never his quirk

      That was how he won his wife's loud acclaim

      And his two children adored him just the same

      When it came to charity he was number one

      He never forgot the poor of San Anton

      A formal education he failed to attain

      he would have been voted the barrio captain

      Yes there aren’t many people you’d come to know

      As kind and as generous as Baldo

      He had a healthy body and a sound mind

      He seemed like a gift to the troubled mankind

      That's why people were baffled that one stormy night

      when he gave his loved ones a sick and twisted plight

      he axed them ruthlessly left them dead on the floor

      and then he hanged himself behind the kitchen door