The Door Opened

  • DLBudnick
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31 4:40 PM
      The Door Opened

      if I let the key turn
      to open the door
      of a life I am disappointed in,
      would there still be jam
      in the jar covered with sticky filth

      if I gathered a box or two
      would it not be filled with belongings
      I am unwilling to look at

      but are unwanted past things
      always following us around
      in particular following me
      to a new place I want to be

      I want to be
      far away from rude, disrespectful,
      even inconsiderate people
      who call themselves friends and neighbors

      so I sit back for awhile
      to relax, to know what I'm doing
      soon asking a simple question
      about whether people actually know
      what they are doing, what's going on
      in such a small world around them

      the answer is simple
      like the question was
      and that is
      nobody actually knows
      what is around them
      for sure

      I get up
      grab a cold pop
      a Mountain Dew of course
      twist the top off
      and guzzle my thoughts away

      Debbie Budnick
      my book: "The Writer Within" can be found on PublishAmerica.com

      PeoplePC Online
      A better way to Internet
      http://www.peoplepc.com
    • mel campos
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 31 4:56 PM
        I like this, very good and an eye opener. I like how you have put yourself as to viewing folks around you. thanks for posting this ;)

        MahTameDayAhnttAhGyAh
        "Teachings Are/Is Very Good"
        Kiowa Nation

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 31 5:04 PM

          Thanks Mel. I appreciate your comments. I've been off of here for a few days so I'm trying to catch up on posts and doing some commenting on others too.

          Debbie