Gustav: from central MS

  • LindaReducer
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2008
      Well, we woke to wind and rain this morning...we are now in a tornado watch. We've been experiencing winds as high as 30 miles an hour...temps are ranging in the high 70's. I've seen a few limbs fall here in my yard...and one small bird has taken shelter in the tomato plants. There's a hen with 3 small chicks who has hunkered down in the ditch across from us...haven't been able to check on her lately. The ducks across the street are enjoying all this rain! LOL!
      So far so good on the power....no lightning so that's good for my computer. I'm not keeping it on after I send out a few messages just in case.
      I'm located 30 minutes southeast of Jackson, MS so whatever happens around Mobile, AL generally ends up in my area...so you all know what I'm going through. Our worst weather is expected this afternoon...
      Thank God and Goddess this storm pretty much stayed to predictions and things are not nearly as bad as what we went through with Katrina. All of the shelters in Mississippi are now filled to capacity and also folks are helping out as much as possible to keep supplies on hand for those in need. All flights out of Jackson have been cancelled for the rest of today...
      The back door I usually keep open at all times for my doggies to go out and potty gets slammed shut every so often...which is okay I suppose, since my doggies seemed to feel they are too delicate to go potty outside in the rain. Click Me!
      I can see the treetops blowing from right here...the rain is a bit on the low side right now...but still hearing from the Weather Channel that we are in a tornado watch...
      Things are going a bit downhill right now for my area so it's best I shut down for a while...
      Take care and I'll try to post later this evening...
      Love and With a Smile, Linda-Reducer